Update status shows failed, even though Oreo installed on S7
jeremygary
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just finished updating to Oreo. So far, so good. Everything seems to be working as it should and phone seems very responsive.

One weird thing, though. Even though Oreo installed successfully, I received an update status of failed when Oreo finished booting. Under system update, it is showing update status as failed. But under software version, I am running Android 8 and Samsung Experience 9.

Anyone else experience this issue? As far as I can tell, everything updated perfectly.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update status shows failed, even though Oreo installed on S7
kathy65793
Master - Level 1
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

What security patch does he have?

0 Likes
jeremygary
Enthusiast - Level 1

Security patch is April 1, 2018

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I don't think either it is not done updating or something has gone wrong with your update.That is the security patch I have and I am still on nugent. Have you shut the phone off clear the cache partition and restarted the phone?

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

You may want to try Verizon repair asst program to see if that can help.

Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

Just FYI, after a successful upgrade to Oreo the patch level remains at April 1, 2018. That is normal.

There are a couple possibilities as to why:

1. Nothing in the May security patch applied to the S7.
  2. There was more focus on getting a stable release of Oreo out the door to users and dealing with the security patch level can be dealt with separately. We'll see if they push another update at the end of the month to update the patch level to be June 1, 2018 or whether they'll wait until next month.

There are other reasons, I'm sure, but not that immediately jump to mind.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I just noticed that kincaed thanks. You would have thought that at least we would get an update on the security patch. I am just wondering if that caused some of the problems that they were having with this update

0 Likes