Update impacting alarm when in mute setting
dancinbearklv

The new update has impacted the alarm when the phone is on mute.  Prior to this update the alarm would sound in the am even if the phone was set to mute. Now it won't.  How can I permanently change this setting to allow the alarm to go off in the am?

0 Likes
Re: Update impacting alarm when in mute setting
Snn5
Legend

Check your priority app settings and make sure Alarm is added to the list.  At night put the phone into Priority sound mode and the alarm will ring.  It was called Interruptions in Lollipop.  The Samsungs had a feature that WAS called blocking mode, but Priority Interruptions may have replaced that.

0 Likes
dancinbearklv

thanks. So it sounds like I'll have to do this every night in order for the alarm to sound...? 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No, your answer is not correct. 

Once you set the alarm as a priority app, it will sound every morning. 

Interruptions are callers and apps that can make sounds during the time you have the phone muted.  Just like when you would mute the phone before bed and the alarm would wake you, so it is the same but the name has changed.  instead of a Blocking mode Interruptions is the name and Priority is the mode.

0 Likes
nicoleburt

Here is what I am seeing:

When I press mute, it says no interruptions (not even alarm).

If I go in to settings - sound and notification - priority interruptions, alarm is not an option. It says at the bottom: "Alarms are always considered priority interruptions".

I tried setting a priority interruption period for the time my alarm goes off. This did not fix the problem. See attached pictures. Mute Settings.pngMute priority.pngMute.png

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I believe you need to set the parameters inside your settings.  You also have INDEFINITE selected.  Also, I believe that when you use the volume buttons you are taken to a smaller selection menu, whereas the full settings menu gives more options.

0 Likes
nicoleburt

The first and second image are from inside my settings (full) and on there I did set the priority interruption settings.

When I take the mute off of the indefinite setting, it just turns the volume back on after that amount of time has ended (anywhere from 15 minutes to 8 hours).

0 Likes