Update causes battery problems.
mgolden2509
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today I did the kitkat update and now it takes forever for my phone to start charging. Not only that but the battery symbol on my phone shows a red X instead of a lightning bolt. I have no problems with my battery or charging my phone up until I did this update. I was just wondering what is going on and what do I need to do so my phone will properly charge? I don't even know what the red X means, I can only hope it is charging because my phone is my lifeline. Not only is there a delay in the phone starting to charge but when I take the phone off of the charger it still acts like it is being charged for a while after. It also charges very slowly. Thanks.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update causes battery problems.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mgolden2509. That would definitely have an effect on my everyday life as well, if my phone did not charge properly. This should definitely not be happening so let's see what we can do. I'm sure you have tried a battery pull by this time, and if that did not help, I honestly recommend a hard reset. Something my have corrupted during the install of KitKat, so a hard reset should definitely help clear things up. http://vz.to/1eHSSNT

Just be sure to backup your data, and remove your SD card after you are done backing up your phone and SD cards content before you go through with the hard reset.

Keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mgolden2509. That would definitely have an effect on my everyday life as well, if my phone did not charge properly. This should definitely not be happening so let's see what we can do. I'm sure you have tried a battery pull by this time, and if that did not help, I honestly recommend a hard reset. Something my have corrupted during the install of KitKat, so a hard reset should definitely help clear things up. http://vz.to/1eHSSNT

Just be sure to backup your data, and remove your SD card after you are done backing up your phone and SD cards content before you go through with the hard reset.

Keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

Mortifico
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue.  The problem started immediately after the update.

0 Likes
WEM55

I also have the same problem.

0 Likes