Update beyond 5.0 ?
bb45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got the security patch update. When will we get a significant OS update ?

0 Likes
Re: Update beyond 5.0 ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question! Did you know you can sign up to receive e-mail updates on our website? Please let us know if you need assistance with navigating to find the link.

DeannaL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

can you post the link???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry about that confusion, bearone21. Any software update details will be located at http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/ as news arrives.The email option to stay up to date with products and services is at https://forms.verizonwireless.com/dgf/optin/2012/08282012_general_optin but would not include software update details.

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Drunder39
Enthusiast - Level 3

To the VZW Customer service rep, Why do you keep posting a link to the update page that shows the latest update AFTER it is released? That tells us nothing about upcoming release dates because again, It is already out.

I think what most folks who ask that question expect to see an estimated release date.. but of course we all know you will never actually give a release date will you? we only know when we get the notice on the phone.

Please stop posting these canned replies. it is more annoying than helpful and it shows just how little you really care about the concerns your customers have.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

they won't give a release date because they don't know it.

i was one of the 1st to download 6.0.1 to my note5 last friday.

after the install, when i called cs with a question, the rep didn't know it had been released to the note5.

0 Likes
Drunder39
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's my point.. There is no communication from Verizon to their customers. We should know in advance when a major OS update release is upcming. Not the day it comes out.. People just want to know .. read the forums..

The fact that the cust service rep did not even know just re-enforces my point. 

On the flip side Verizon communicates very well letting me know how much I owe them every month.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having you kept up to date is very important to us too. You can stay in the know by saving this link to your favorites. http://vz.to/1MIpxro This will help you stay on top of what is happening and when.
CheriS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Drunder39
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes that link is awesome.. thank you sooo much.. next time I see an update show up on my phone I will rush to the above link to see yes it has in fact been updated..

Fantastic customer support. You guys Rock!

bearone21
Legend

"read the forums", this ain't my 1st rodeo.

0 Likes