Update? You mean downgrade. My phone is a piece of trash now.
Sickofitalready
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update
Has anyone else lost pictures and videos as a result? I have had the charger/network/shutdown issues as well. Mine shut off last night for no reason (actually blackscreened out) my alarm didnt go off and i was late to work. This update is ridiculous. My phone has been overheating all day and now i have lost all of the pictures that i took today and the last 2 years. Media not found. Awesome. Funny how everything on my phone is crashing and lagging since this update. Unbelievable. I am beyond frustrated. I spent $30 on a Samsung memory card today thinking that was the problem. My text messages wont send for extended periods of time and I have tried everything to get my pictures and videos back. All of the responses I have seen on here from Verion reps have been basicly accusing the people complaining of doing something wrong. I am very familiar with my phone and have had zero problems until i did this update. Nothing got wet, damaged, running in the background etc. This is a screw up on your part that is not as easy as switching carriers now that I have lost all of my memories. Ugh I could not be more frustrated. I can't believe that a factory reset is the advice that is being given. Really? In other words you guys have no idea what is going on or how to fix it. Thanks for nothing. It is bad enough that new customers are getting 3 times the data I have for less money etc but now this? I'm about done.

0 Likes
Re: Update? You mean downgrade. My phone is a piece of trash now.
pherson
Champion - Level 1

So are you saying that you aren't gonna do the hard reset?

If you call Samsung to troubleshoot that's what they will tell you before a warranty replacement.

If you call Verizon to troubleshoot that's what they will tell you before a warranty replacement.

It's always recommended to do a hard reset and redownload the apps after a major software update. If you don't wanna do that, that's fine, but you will still have issues.

Balls in your court.

Sickofitalready
Enthusiast - Level 2

And that will bring my pix back how?

0 Likes
Sickofitalready
Enthusiast - Level 2

But yeah sure ill spend hours transferring and resubmitting everything just to still have issues like every other person on these threads has...good thing u did your research

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I personally don't care about your pics and neither does Samsung or verizon. Next time when you take pics back them up. Remember when people had a regular camera and had negatives tp replace pics if need be? Back up the ones from your cell.

0 Likes
Sickofitalready
Enthusiast - Level 2

And i personally dont care about your opinion. The pix disappeared within minutes of taking them this morning. As i looked at them they disappeared. Good thing u know everything though.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well let me tell you this. I have a note 3, then a 4. The wife had a s4 then s5. My boy had a lg3. We all did factory resets. Our friends did factory resets. Everyone is fine. So yes I stand behind my advice.

0 Likes
mymichele_sv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't even have your phone and have learned to get a REAL alarm clock because my phone did the same thing to me last month. Looks like it's not just an LG problem afterall. My phone reboots itself 2-3 times a day sometimes...at least it's under warranty!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mymicheke_sv, 2 times per day is too many. Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to your phone? Some applications can affect the performance of your device. Try uninstalling any unwanted applications and power it off/on.

For more device support, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes