Re: Update 4.1.2 deleting large blocks of text following backspace correction
schibnik

I have this exact same problem. I thought the sensitivity of my screen was causing it, but it happens too often to be the screen. It's a real problem when you've typed multiple sentences of text, to only have it lost with no way of recovery. Additionally, the new predictive text system tries to learn from your linked accounts, rather than the phone and they changed the keyboard setting. Also, it automatically inserts a space after a punctuation, with no way to turn that off in the settings. Horrible update IMO.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer community forum where customers can assist other customers with their questions. There are VZW employees that roam this community, but their participation in any particular discussion isn't guaranteed nor is it immediate. It might take a week or so before they could post in a discussion. This is to give the community members/customers a chance to respond to the posts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The keyboard predictions and settings are from a third party applications that has been added as default to the phone. It is called SwiftKey keyboard and what you are describing is that keyboard default behavior.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

That's great community Leader, an I understand that, but this Issue isn't a community fix so to speak, it's a verizon/sammy/swift key or whomever fix and it needs to be addressed cuz it SUCKS. Worst update ever, and I know cuz I switched back to Verizon from Sprint recently for this phone and 4G. And their HTC EVO 4G updates were horrible, but this one , is the worst, I text a lot and I lose over half of my texts trying to correct a word or delete a word.  SO maybe as a CL you can Hail a VZW Rep?  Hehe.  OR are you only a CL cuz you have so many posts.

Ann154 wrote:

MySIII

This is a peer to peer community forum where customers can assist other customers with their questions. There are VZW employees that roam this community, but their participation in any particular discussion isn't guaranteed nor is it immediate. It might take a week or so before they could post in a discussion. This is to give the community members/customers a chance to respond to the posts.

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

schibnik wrote:

I have this exact same problem. I thought the sensitivity of my screen was causing it, but it happens too often to be the screen. It's a real problem when you've typed multiple sentences of text, to only have it lost with no way of recovery. Additionally, the new predictive text system tries to learn from your linked accounts, rather than the phone and they changed the keyboard setting. Also, it automatically inserts a space after a punctuation, with no way to turn that off in the settings. Horrible update IMO.

You can change the settings so as not to "learn" for your other accounts... Settings>Language and keyboard> under default, the samsung keyboard is greyed out, click on the settings icon next to that>predictive text>uncheck the Personalized data box. Or you can leave it checked and then choose the options under that, each one has a sign in or update requirement, aldo you can clear any data learned.  Hth, any Qs reply to this.

Also, under the Samsung keyboard settings is Advanced>Auto Punctuate. Check or uncheck,

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you want Samsung to fix it, then you should contact Samsung. Complaining about it on customer forum is like spinning your wheels in a puddle of mud.

0 Likes
MsTeal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here!

0 Likes
RadBags

Same problem too.  I contacted Samsung and they said oh, we don't know of any issue.  I said it happened with your update.  So PLEASE go to Samsung.com and start complaining.  I used the contact us page, get support and chatted live.  I told them the upgrade sucks. 

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

RadBags wrote:

Same problem too.  I contacted Samsung and they said oh, we don't know of any issue.  I said it happened with your update.  So PLEASE go to Samsung.com and start complaining.  I used the contact us page, get support and chatted live.  I told them the upgrade *****. 

I am currently on LIVE chat with Samsung...Pfffttt. talking about clearing cache and what not..That is NOT the issue, the update is the issue.  Argh

UPDATE:  Didn't work...DUH

FURTHER UPDATE:   Wanted me to do a factory reset>>>> NOT.  Another Dead end, Reminds me of the Sprint HTC days, that I left and came to Verizon to get away from. If we don't know how to fix it...Factory Reset.  Gawd. 

0 Likes
Frce81

Contacted Samsung Support...same as everyone else..clear cache, factory reset..blah blah...nothing...Maybe if enough people contact them they will contact Verizon...who knows...good luck everyone

0 Likes