Update 4.1.2 deleting large blocks of text following backspace correction
KristenZ7
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, this is a difficult for me to explain, but here goes nothing.  I have been having an issue since the update.  When typing a message, when I backspace to correct a wrong word/spelling, and then select the correct word from the predictive text bar, most of my message gets erased and replaced with the one word I selected.  Even weirder, the word gets inserted in between the few characters of remaining text.  The first couple times it happened, I thought I had accidentally selected the block of text with my cursor, but that was not the case.  The text is not selected, but acts as though it is and gets overwritten/deleted.  This is happening in Messaging and Gmail (and I am assuming all other typing applications).

Is anyone else having this issue?  It is making me wan to throw my phone out the window!  Please let me know if you know a fix for this.

Re: Update 4.1.2 deleting large blocks of text following backspace correction
orangetay7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is doing the same thing!  I got the update last night and it is deleting practically my entire message when I backspace.  Also, the puncuation options do not pop up anymore like they used to at the top of the keyboard unless you hit space and then backspace. 

I'm right there with you...I want to throw this thing out the window.  I've seen some cool things this update did, but things I hardly ever would use.  The fact it messed with my texting (something I do a lot) has really pissed me off.

KristenZ7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sorry to hear you are having the same problem!  I will let you know if I discover a fix for it; please let me know if you find a solution.  I can't believe more people aren't complaining about this; it is so frustrating!

Good luck!

0 Likes
lml2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I've had this problem as well.  First time I had re-type a message 3X.  Seems if there's a misspelled word that involves a predictive text, a back space will delete a whole or two of text.  For now, just have to be careful not to hit the backspace & use caution when "correcting" misspells.

0 Likes
MrVisionary
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here! Frustrating, to say the least!   

I came on here to see if there's an official way to report bugs, but haven't found it yet.  If anyone finds that or a solution, I'm glad to hear(read) it!

0 Likes
UnhappyInSmyrnaTN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Although I only have a Galaxy Stellar, the OS Updates have caused more problems that all other Verizon products I've owned--combined.  (And that's saying something.)  Screen wont respond, phone wont turn on, phone wont recognize SIM card or connect to Verizon networks automatically, etc.

I'll have faith that Verizon is actively searching for a resolution.

0 Likes
dvsdgdargsdrghstht

I thought I was the only one and that I hit the wrong button, but it keeps happening. Large text messages and long emails have been erased! Overall whenever I type anything it's just extremely sluggish hope it gets fixed soon.

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Same here OP, I hate it. worse than ever before.   I KNEW better then to download the update. Whenever they say something is better...WRONG, it's worse. And really, who cares about taking a picture when on a call??  How often that gonna happen, I'd rather have the Texting back to what it was and loose the pic/call option. Argh,. hope they fix this crap fast. Really the first issue I have had with this phone. 

0 Likes
Frce81

Same Issue here, everytime i have a misspelled word and choose the correct spelling, most of the message if not hte entire thing gets deleted -- so frustrated!

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

VERIZON....This update SUCKS, Fix it, will a Verizon Rep please come to this thread and advise, this Update sucks and needs to be addressed immediately.  I have had NO issues with this phone till now.  I will post on this thread every day all day till we get answers.