Re: Update 4.1.2 deleting large blocks of text following backspace correction
RadBags

I contacted them yet again.  Told me to factory reset.  Still same problem. So I contacted them yet again.  Do the factory reset this way and let us know if you have the problem.  I said the problem isn't with the phone, its with the update.  I said it's your keyboard update that ***** up.  I had no problem till I did that.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator to comply with ToS.

0 Likes
Jrizos

Add me to the list of folks with this problem. Very frustrating.  Is there a user test group that validates updates?  Thx.

0 Likes
chucktc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto me experiencing same behavior and frustration.  Posted a separate discussion prior to being aware of this thread (https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/945491#945491).  But same issue Smiley Sad.

0 Likes
devedsmith
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine does the same thing.

0 Likes
jmh8383
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've only had the phone a few weeks and I'm ready to return it - this is very frustrating!

0 Likes
jmh8383
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday I went to the Verizon store and they said they hadn't seen the problem.  They erased my phone and I am still in process of setting it all up again.  And guess what, problem still there.  Based on this thread, I contacted Samsung today and received the SAME reply - no known problem.  I told them about this thread and said people here have said they contacted you so how could there be "no known problem".  They said to go to http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact

and enter an email complaint towards bottom of screen.  I did that so we'll see if I get even acknowledgement.  In meantime they stabbed at erasing this and clearing that... but I put my foot down when they were going to wipe my phone again. 

I called Verizon back today and they are willing to replace the phone but I'm not convinced that's the issue (and then I'd have to re-setup the phone once again!)  The person I spoke to said that she uses a different keyboard - Jelly Bean keyboard.  I have downloaded the jelly bean keyboard and so far I haven't had the problem (not sure if I just haven't hit the right combination?)  I like the keyboard, so I'm suggesting this in case anyone else is interested in trying it.  So far it works for me but I will update this if I find I still have the problem.

0 Likes
jmh8383
Enthusiast - Level 2

Forgot to mention, when you go to register the issue at http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact

enter the email under "Voice of Customer"

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

jmh8383 wrote:

Yesterday I went to the Verizon store and they said they hadn't seen the problem.  They erased my phone and I am still in process of setting it all up again.  And guess what, problem still there.  Based on this thread, I contacted Samsung today and received the SAME reply - no known problem.  I told them about this thread and said people here have said they contacted you so how could there be "no known problem".  They said to go to http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact

and enter an email complaint towards bottom of screen.  I did that so we'll see if I get even acknowledgement.  In meantime they stabbed at erasing this and clearing that... but I put my foot down when they were going to wipe my phone again. 

I called Verizon back today and they are willing to replace the phone but I'm not convinced that's the issue (and then I'd have to re-setup the phone once again!)  The person I spoke to said that she uses a different keyboard - Jelly Bean keyboard.  I have downloaded the jelly bean keyboard and so far I haven't had the problem (not sure if I just haven't hit the right combination?)  I like the keyboard, so I'm suggesting this in case anyone else is interested in trying it.  So far it works for me but I will update this if I find I still have the problem.

Thanks for the info, just downloaded the Jelly bean keyboard.  Looks good so far, been playing with it tryin to create the issue. Sad that we have to use a 3rd party app to make this phone work like it did before this update. I SO knew better, I said to myself, "self, wait awhile to see how this update is and read up on it" but Nooooo....Kicks self ...

Pretty SAD that Samsung/Verizon is tellin us no known issues (sounds like a Sprint move)  when I am pretty sure that the phones that received the update are having the same issue. I refused to Factory Reset my phone as I wasn't about to start over and I KNEW it was the software update to 4.1.2 with out a doubt. No issues of this nature minutes before I updated.  Also, the punctuation bar is gone. ARGH.  Getting a new phone won't help, (unless you are lucky enuf to get ir with the 4.1.1 software) Hmmmm.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator to comply with ToS

MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Ok, after installing the Jelly Bean Keyboard and playing with the settings I can't find if it has the "swype" option.  However, while in the settings of the phone, I found that this phone has a built in "Swype" keyboard option which is different the Samsung Keyboard.  Settings>>Language and Input>>Default.. Then highlight the Swype option and then you have a new keyboard, so far I have not been able to replicate the issue with deleting text.  So we don't have to download the JB keyboard if you don't want to. Still testing

jmh8383
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm glad the swype default is working for you.  Samsung had me try that but I did not like the swype keyboard at all - personal preference!  I prefer the jelly bean keyboard and so far it seems to be working for me - again, still testing too

0 Likes