Unresolved: I can not send or recieve SMS
MARTINI6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I moved my Samsung Galaxy S8+ over to my own unlimited account Friday 11/23/18 since then I can no longer send nor receive SMS. I can send/receive calls as well as MMS and I have data connection. I spoke with 2 different service reps Saturday 11/24/18 and received a new SIM card, however that SIM would not activate on my phone yet I still could do everything except send or receive SMS. I spoke to 2 separate service reps on Saturday for 2 and a half hours and again 2 different reps yesterday for 2 hours both times I was kicked to the advance department who also could not figure out what was going on or how to fix it. They told me it would be pushed higher and that I would receive a call later in the day. I never received a call over the weekend or yesterday like I was told I would by both advanced service reps. I called again this morning and have been on the phone with 4 different reps who keep transferring me around. I was told that It may be a plugin issue with the service as it was coming up as “RE” then was transferred over to the plugin department. The plugin rep said it wasn’t his issue after I explained that the previous rep said that the plugin was the only problem that came up. The plugin rep transferred me back to the regular service department and I am now having to start from square one again.  I have been on the phone for 4 hours now. I am currently in the military and do not have this kind of time to be bounced around with no evident solution, while being left hanging by the service department. Every possible solution that has been attempted is listed below:

Test Calling

Test Messaging

Software update (Phone was already up to date)

Status Check

3 Different SIM cards (The previous SIM that was in the phone on the old family plan, and 2 new SIM cards)

Samsung Messaging and Verizon Message + app test, force stop, and setting reset (Both message apps do not work)

Network Reset

Setting Reset

Removing texting service and adding it back

Family plan Limits (Only had a data limit on the previous plan no SMS limits)

This issue is still unresolved and I have been told 3 times now i will get a call back from someone hgiher up than the advanced techs yet I still have not heard anything.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unresolved: I can not send or recieve SMS
MARTINI6
Enthusiast - Level 1

FInally Fixed they had to end my Services and then reactivate them. Now everything works properly

View solution in original post

MARTINI6
Enthusiast - Level 1

FInally Fixed they had to end my Services and then reactivate them. Now everything works properly

ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello MARTINI6,

I'm so happy to learn that your issue has now been resolved. Thank you very much for coming back and posting the information to the forums, to make sure we are updated. Please remember that you can reach out here if you have an issue, or you can check out the different ways for you to reach us and get assistance. Just visit www.vzw.com/contactus

Have a wonderful day!

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes