Re: Unidentified warning sound randomly happens
barneytoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I claimed success too soon! With gmail app uninstalled just heard the dreaded 3 beeps again Smiley Sad

thanks and sorry.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear this is still occurring, bustermagoo Let's keep digging. Does it make this sound when in safe mode? Did this start after a case was put on the device?

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
barneytoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, it's just too infrequent right now for me to put my phone in safe mode for that long of a time.

No, not related to adding a case.

0 Likes
barneytoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I question the value of putting phone into safe mode. 99% sure that once in safe mode it will NOT make the sounds. What we need is a tool that monitors which apps are sending things to the speaker.

stef7
Master - Level 2

I think there are applications that will report Android "logs" of certain events, but to use them, generally you need to be a developer with an elevated privilege level for access to your device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bustermagoo,

We appreciate your continued partnership. We'll be on standby to proceed with troubleshooting if needed, as I understand that you're testing the Gmail App and Safe Mode.

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I'm confused. I thought SafeMode was a way to test a device without downloaded software.

I would first try performing a "System Cache Wipe" from the recovery/boot menu (i.e. not from Settings).

If that did not work, I would backup my important content and perform a Factory Device Reset (FDR), aka Factory Data Reset, aka Hard Reset.

0 Likes
barneytoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Latest suspect is the Ring.com app. Without disabling it is there any way to dig deeper for the app in question?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have been a great partner to work with. You can try clearing the cache of the app or Force Stop it and test the functionality. YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes