Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped. CANT USE PHONE!
a_gunslinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ugh.  Already got this issue.  When pressing the Phone button to make a call I get the Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped error.  Search reeals long standing issue since S4.  Many fixes (uninstall FB and Messenger, clear Contacts cache, etc).  Tried them all no love.  I cant believe I bought a phone and I cant make calls.

Couple suggestions report that it might be related to Verizon Visual Voicemail which I did recently try - so the timings correct.  But I cant disable it.  Going to have to hard reset - not happy.  But FYI to other users.

0 Likes
Re: Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped. CANT USE PHONE!
Mikismom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same problem with my Droid Razr M for about a month now--the S6 is on the truck for delivery today and hope I don't have the same issue..but it sounds like a network problem

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Contacts Sync Fix - Android Apps on Google Play

I found that the above app fixed my FC contacts issue.

a_gunslinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Resist accepting the Verizon Visual Voicemail until they find out if its the issue. 

0 Likes
a_gunslinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Contact Sync Fix didn't work.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

kevlar119119
Enthusiast - Level 2

Similar problem yesterday - contacts went to a white screen and then error kept popping up saying IMS stopped working - was on with tech support for about an hour - ended up wiping the phone to factory new - no problems since then.

0 Likes