Under Warranty, Insured and still the defective power button isnt covered?
DizzyBlondeChic
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Samsung Galaxy 3, it will be 2 years in December. The battery wasn't charging so I took it out of the protective case to pull it and reset and the power button fell off. No help from myself, it seems my case was holding it in place for who knows how long. Anyway I found the little button and put it back in place, but it isn't working right, it sticks and make my phone stay on all the time or shuts it off in the middle of something Im doing. Very frustrating! I have been paying for the insurance and when I call Verizon I am told the phone is also still under the warranty. I figure Samsung will stand behind the product and either fix it or replace it. But Im told that the button falling off, not breaking or cracking, just fell right out on the ground is not covered. I have to pay the $90 deductible if I want a phone with a working power button. This is ridiculous and that is 100%  manufacturer defect as far as Im concerned... and apparently Verizon and Samsung feel I abused the phone in some way to cause this to happen. Im a 53 years old female, I work in an office, I don't party with my phone, and have never even dropped it. Honestly the phone doesn't have a single scratch on it, been kept in a case inside my purse almost all of its life. If it isn't in my purse its on my nightstand charging overnight. How do they think I was at fault here? Why pay for insurance and have a warranty if it wont cover the phone? Samsung what are you doing? I own a Samsung TV and computer, but after this I wont buy Samsung ever again! Why pay $90 to have a replacement reconditioned phone if I can get a new phone in 4 months? So I have the button held in by the case, and I must deal with that until I get a new phone OR, they will make an exception for me and allow me to pay $10 more a month to go on the flex plan and upgrade now. No way! I tell you what, I will allow you to be my phone carrier until my contract is up...Then I'm going to go elsewhere and buy an iPhone. Is that acceptable? Tell me how do they sleep at night. Any thing to make that extra buck. Oh and cancel my insurance...the damn phone is still under warranty and I wont need the insurance since the phone is ALREADY BROKEN! Ok that's my rant! So will anyone reconsider and stand behind the product or do you want to lose a customer that has been with you for 7 years? What would you suggest?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Under Warranty, Insured and still the defective power button isnt covered?
Tidbits
Legend

Doesn't matter what carrier you go to if it happens again then you'd be in the same place. Carriers are only the middlemen so that you don't have to wait long for device replacements and the guidelines are set by the manufacturer is what is and isn't covered. Your best bet is to pressure Samsung if you believe it's a manufacturer defect.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Under Warranty, Insured and still the defective power button isnt covered?
Tidbits
Legend

Doesn't matter what carrier you go to if it happens again then you'd be in the same place. Carriers are only the middlemen so that you don't have to wait long for device replacements and the guidelines are set by the manufacturer is what is and isn't covered. Your best bet is to pressure Samsung if you believe it's a manufacturer defect.

0 Likes