Unable to start Hot spot
ChadfromOhio

Hey everyone,

I have an S8 andriod and am trying to use my hot spot feature to support business needs on my laptop.  When I try to turn on hot spot on my phone, a msg pops up that I must "subscribe for this service" and tells me to visit verizon.com (not a lot of help there).  I have checked my account and hot spot is included in my plan.  After checking through everything, I beleive that I have "subscribed."  I used the verizon chat one night and the person on the other side said that my account is setup and it should work.  Finally we gave up.   Any thoughts on what I should do next?  Maybe some steps to how others got hotspot to work?  Just go to a store?   Thanks, for any help you can provide.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to start Hot spot
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request they check your account to verify your line isn't blocking the hotspot feature and to reset the hotspot feature from their end.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to start Hot spot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChadfromOhio, we want to ensure you were able to get your hotspot working as desired. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. Ann154 provided some excellent advice regarding this matter. Although hotspot is included in most of our plans, the feature is sometimes provisioned with a block that must be removed. Other times, we may just need to remove the hotspot feature and add it back as it may not be talking to our network properly and therefore it'll re-provision for your SIM to our towers. Please let us know if you were able to get it going.

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes