Unable to receive text messages from Iphone users
jlowe331

My son recently activated my old iphone, since then, I am unable to receive any text from Iphone users.  I have un-registered my number, deactivated all my apple accounts....does anyone else have any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive text messages from Iphone users
SamsungGuy602
Enthusiast - Level 2

your son is likely still signed into to your Apple ID on that device. Because of this, other iPhone users see you as an iPhone user still and your messages are being sent as iMessage. To test this, have a friend turn off iMessaging and try to send you a message. If the message comes through, your Apple ID is the problem. Verizon cannot fix this whatsoever, you need to sign out of your ID, and if that still doesnt work, contact Apple directly, since iMessage is a Apple service, not a Verizon service.

0 Likes
SamsungGuy602
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another step you can take is to opt out..This has been reported to work by others. So combining the steps:

• Reset your Apple ID password and do not log back in on your device(s)
  • Send a text to 48369 with the word STOP

You should start receving SMS from iPhone users afterwards.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with text messages from iPhone users jlowe331. Are the users wtih iPhones using imessage to text you? Are you able to send them text successfully? Are you using imessage? Also try resetting your network settings. What iphone is your son using?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes