Unable to check voicemail from landline
RACRYA35

I have tried checking my voicemail from multiple phones and when I press the # key it does nothing. I cannot check my voicemail from any phone but my cell phone... How can I fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to check voicemail from landline
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From Voicemail FAQs | Verizon Wireless

1. Call your 10-digit mobile phone number.
  2. Tap # to interrupt your greeting.
  3. Enter your password and tap #.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try dialing the full 10 digit phone number, then wait until your greeting starts.  Interrupt the greeting by pressing the STAR key * and not the # key.  You should be prompted for your password.

RACRYA35

That didn't work either... Not sure what has changed. I used to be able to check my messages from a different phone...

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From Voicemail FAQs | Verizon Wireless

1. Call your 10-digit mobile phone number.
  2. Tap # to interrupt your greeting.
  3. Enter your password and tap #.
bearone21
Legend

i've never used the star key to interrupt the vm.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I played with this yesterday, the * key worked and the # key asked me to enter the phone number again ... and I can never remember which key it is, so I tried both.  The * key worked ... so that's what I posted.  Whatever, I hope the OP gets this figured out ...

tikibar1​ - thanks for the correct instructions!!

RACRYA35

None of this has worked so far. The # key does nothing and the * key does nothing. My greeting  plays uninterupted and then goes to being able to leave a message. It's like I'm not pressing anything at all.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you calling from a landline or another cell phone?  If it's from another cell phone, then check the settings for DTMF tones.  They may be too short for the system to pick up, so setting to "long tones"may get better results.

The settings for DTMF tones vary with the phone, try call settings, or settings within the dialer app.  It may be listed as DTMF, keypad sounds, keypad tones, etc....

0 Likes
RACRYA35

I have tried from multiple landlines...

0 Likes
edna_million
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem today. Forgot my phone and when I try to check my voicemail from my landline, it doesn't work. The first time it said "nothing has been recorded" instead of taking me to voicemail when I hit pound after my message started, but hasn't given me any response after trying again. I've tried star and pound. It was working recently so this is obviously a glitch somewhere, but very annoying!

0 Likes