Unable to change text message background
Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

Hello VZW Support,

Recently VZW/Google/Samsung pushed an update to Android version 9.0 (GS955USQU5DSDA); before the udpate I had been able to change the text message background which is different from the background on my home screen. Has anyone been able to find the options on the Samsung Galaxy S8+ to change the text message background after the phone was updated to Android 9.0?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to change text message background
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to make sure you can customize your device how you want it. Let's look into this together. What messaging app are you using? What version of your messaging app are you using? Have you checked for an update on the app since updating the software on the device? 

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

with some updates, favorite items are eliminated & other items are added, there's not much you can do with default messaging or message+.

0 Likes
Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

I am using the Messages app that came with the phone; the version is 10.0.20.65; this it the latest version according to the application. 

0 Likes
Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We always want to make sure you can customize your device how you want it. Let's look into this together. What messaging app are you using? What version of your messaging app are you using? Have you checked for an update on the app since updating the software on the device? 

DerekR_VZW

According to my research the feature has been removed; which I find rediculous!

0 Likes