Unable to call via Bluetooth without unlocking screen.
Mike_M222

I am unable to make a call with my Bluetooth speakerphone on my Samsung Galaxy S4 without pulling the phone out of my pocket while driving and entering the pattern unlock sequence.  I just updated the software on the phone hoping this would have been corrected but it made no difference.  Under "Call settings" --> "Call accessories" --> "Outgoing call conditions", I have checked "Even when device locked".  This selection has no effect, I still cannot make an outgoing call via Bluetooth when the device is locked.  Questions:

1. Does anyone know if this issue is scheduled to be fixed in an upcoming software release?

2. I read that someone found a work-around by buying a Motorola Bluetooth Speakerphone and installing the My Motospeak app on the S4.  I tried this but calls still try to go through S Voice.  I looked under Manage Applications to try to disable S Voice but it was not listed so I could not disable it.  Does anyone know how to disable S Voice so that My Motospeak will receive the calling instructions from the Bluetooth Speakerphone?

3.  As another work-around I tried to remove the pattern-lock and go back to the swipe-lock.  I had read that outgoing calls were possible without unlocking the phone if using "Swipe" lock.   I was unable to do this. When I go into "Select screen lock" in settings, the "Swipe" selection is grayed-out so I cannot select it.  Does anyone know how to remove a pattern lock and revert to "Swipe" lock without going back to Factory Reset?

4. Is anyone able to make outgoing calls with Bluetooth without unlocking the phone when pattern or pin lock-screen is being used?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to call via Bluetooth without unlocking screen.
Julian_G
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go look under "All Applications" and just "Downloaded". It is there. Once you disable S Voice, you can use other apps.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to call via Bluetooth without unlocking screen.
Msvet

You must disable S Voice. I use a very simple 3rd party program from the play store to hide apps and bloatwhere . It does not delete them, but hides them from the application launcher. You can restore them any time you want. The application that I use is AppMgr Pro III (App 2 SD) by Sam Lu. It is a great app and does the job very simply. after you hide the S Voice program the S4 uses the Google voice program automatically and it works fine for that application.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes