Unable to Send or Forward Emails
dmma
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 that has recently been giving me grief when trying to forward or reply to emails. Each attempts results in a never ending "loading messages" message.

I have reviewed several forums and tried several solutions to no avail. I use Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, and Yahoo. My Hotmail is the default account, and the only one giving me problems. I am not interesting in downloading any more apps, so that's not a solution that I'm interested in. I currently use the 'email' app that is factory installed.

Any other fixes?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to Send or Forward Emails
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried removing the e-mail account and then setting it up again?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

are using the hotmail app or hotmail.com???

0 Likes
dmma
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did, but still no luck.

0 Likes
dmma
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tikibar1 - I tried that twice. It still keeps showing the same message.

Bearone21 - I have not installed the app. I read the reviews, and decided not to.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the Hotmail account, I would suggest the Outlook application instead of one called the Hotmail application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dmma-

I use my e-mail on a daily basis, so I can understand the frustration of not being able to reply or forward messages. Does this happen with every message or any in particular? Do you experience the same issue if you access your e-mail from a computer?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dmma
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

The problem happens with every message. I can read them, but that's it. Replying or forwarding emails is where the issue lies. The neverending "loading messages" is truly never ending.

I do not experience the issue when accessing emails from my laptop thankfully.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The native Samsung e-mail app can be finicky; usually removing the account and setting it back up again works (until the next time the app decides to be finicky).  My next suggestion would be as Ann154​ suggested ... use the Outlook app.  Another option would be to set up your Hotmail account in your Gmail app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, dmma. Thank you for keeping us updated on this matter, is your device synced to this Email? If, so I would try re- syncing it to this device.

CecileC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes