Re: Unable to Connect - Authentication Error / Wireless Hotspot
basslakeview
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Note 8 was working okay until I did the "UPDATE SYSTEM SOFTWARE" this evening.  Now I'm getting this message, too.  Since my hotspot is the only internet connection I have, I'm really anxious to get it working ASAP.  And...I just upgraded my plan from 22 GB to 30 GB per month.  HELP!!

0 Likes
PocketD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just started receiving this message out of the blue! I use my hotspot almost everyday so it's important to me. I turned off data roaming and it turned on with no issue. Something must've turned on the roaming function in the background. Thx for figuring this out!

0 Likes
SnowAviation

Turn off Data Roaming - Don't ask me how it got turned on,

Go to:

"Settings"

"Connections"

"Mobile Netowrks"

"Data roaming Access"

Select the button: "Deny Data roaming access" then click OK

Fixed it for me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the type of experience we want you to have with your device, sdrblr. The Mobile Hotspot feature is a good one to take advantage of. Allow us to gather more information to be on the same page. When did you start having issues with the Mobile Hotspot? Have you been able to use the feature in question since you purchased the Note 10+ or is this the first time you wish to use it?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
CSF1

I was having this problem from my new S10+.  l did what someone previously suggested - went to settings, apps, view system apps, tethering, cleared cache and data and it is now working.  Good luck!!!  (I had also played with roaming settings without success.)

0 Likes
willbur1

I realized that it was actually working. It was telling me that it was not, but if I waited like 1/2 second a looked at the wifi on my laptop (the device I'm trying to use the hotspot for at a coffee shop), I see that it is there:) 

I just have to ignore the "not working... Authentication Error. Either that, or it fixed itself, but I still get the message briefly. 

Technology -- love it, and hate it:) 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

we appreciate those details. I know it has been two days since you sent us this message. Are you still having these issues with your mobile hotspot? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SnowAviation, awesome! So glad that worked for you. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. 

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Dbhaskins

I have the new galaxy note 10+ and my husband  has the note 8 and neither one of us can get ours to work.  It also seems as if our verizon data is super slow.

How do I fix this? To spend this much money every month and the prices of the phones this is ridiculous.

0 Likes
gemileo75

I'm having same issue. Does Verizon terrible? Why are so many people having this issue? I haven't heard one person say their issue has been resolved. What's the issue Verizon??????????

0 Likes