Re: Unable to Connect - Authentication Error / Wireless Hotspot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read that you are having issues with using your Hotspot and we are here to help. Do you have data on your device? Were you able to use the Hotspot feature before?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
MJShaw99

I just started having the same issue. Watching closely I noticed the WiFi is getting disconnect when trying to start the hotspot and then I am getting the authentication error.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MJShaw99, 

We want to make sure you can use all the features of your service. Let's get a few details. What model phone are you using? Is the software up to date on your device? Are you having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi networks at all?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
Bschweer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I changed Data Roaming Access to "Deny data roaming access".  Hotspot now works.  Went back to setting and changed to "Allow access for all trips" and hotspot still works.

MJShaw99

After not connecting on the weekend mine started connecting yesterday. I am wondering if a server was down.

0 Likes
MJShaw99

Galaxy 7S

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MJShaw99,

I am glad to hear that your Mobile Hotspot is working again. We're still here to help if necessary, and I wanted to make sure everything is working. To clarify, you're able to enable your Hotspot and connect and browse with a different device, correct?

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
ShaunHoldaway
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. That fixed my problem. Too bad verizon tech support isn't as smart as you.

0 Likes
SummerDawn68

Hi, I tried this solution with my S10e without success. 

0 Likes
Bschweer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I enabled my hotspot, connected another device to its WiFi, and was able to use internet data from the other device.

Thanks.

0 Likes