Re: Unable to Connect - Authentication Error / Wireless Hotspot
Hvdx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is 2020  just changed phones to s20 and now having the same issue did all the suggested trouble shooting and still get the same error

jeffthegreat2017
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the same issue but nine us a mess I have 3 phones they are giving me thus same annoying errorbut on 1 of the oldest phones connects with no problem on the hot spot ,unbelievable verizon ,its your bet work not our phones ,I'm switching ,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd certainly hoped your new phone would work like a breeze Hvdx. Hearing that you are having trouble with your new phone is concerning but we are here to help. To confirm, are you utilizing Wi-Fi at the time that you are attempting to turn on the Hotspot?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
basslakeview
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi JefftheGreat....

Have you called Verizon Tech Support.  My problem was a while back with my Note 8.  Before that one I had used a Note 4 for 5 years with NO problems at all.  But....to get back to the subject, I called Verizon Tech Support and they ordered me a new phone from Asurion, my insurance carrier.  It happened one time after I received the new phone, but they fixed it right away.  I don't know what they did, but it worked.  I have had no more trouble with my Hotspot.  In fact, I use it at home for my wifi on my computer and for my DISH account on television.  No problems at all anymore.  I've been with Verizon a good many years and have always found them to be there when I needed help.  Now it's during specific hours which is sometimes annoying since my mobile is the only connection I have to people, emergencies, etc.

I wish you luck...if you call them they will get it fixed.  Just be patient.  ❤️

Elizabeth

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeffthegreat2017, I'm sorry your're having troubles with your Hotspot. I know how needed that feature is. Let's get this resolved. Have you confirmed the Hotspot is provisioned on your account? What plan are you on? (If Unlimited, what exact Unlimited plan.) 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
RMorgan1385

Just purchased a Samsung S10 5G yesterday and I have the same error. Done everything other owners did as I read NUMUROUS forums about the same issue. Apparently these phones are either just junk or a software issue? Will return this 1k phone back to the store asap.

0 Likes
TPhill2

Idk if you have solved this or not, but why worked for me was downloading the Tech Coach app and chatting with someone. I just had to power off my device while they reset the hotspot. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to keep you connected RMorgan1385. What is the error that you are receiving? Are the other services working for you, like calls, texts, and regular data? RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Johncash2020

Hello, I just got my galaxy 10 and having the issue "mobile number not found" when I try to turn on the hotspot.  I did a system update with the latest software, restarted the phone.  What do I do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the trouble you are having with Mobile Hotspot. We can help you share your data. Please respond to the Private Message sent to you to continue. BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes