Re: Unable to Connect - Authentication Error / Wireless Hotspot
Hummingjavi

We completed a factory data reset and the mobile hotspot worked after. 

0 Likes
R0991B
Enthusiast - Level 1

I been having the same problem for months now I’ve waisted hours at Verizon stores with no solution, and tried everything from factory resets to new SIM cards and still no solution the only thing I haven’t tried yet is a new service provider. I’m starting to believe that’s the only and best solutions after months of paying for a service I’m not able to use. 

0 Likes
Spet
Enthusiast - Level 1

For some reason mine ended up being the wifi sharing under the mobile hotspot. 

Settings>connections>mobile hotspot and tethering>mobile hotspot. The three dots in the right hand corner and then wifi sharing. Make sure that is turned off. After I did that my hotspot worked. 

Galaxy Note 10+

0 Likes
FacelessFan
Enthusiast - Level 1

has this issue been resolved?

0 Likes
wulfsbergvw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Following,  since I'm having the same issue. Just bought Galaxy Note 10+ and can't use hotspot. Roaming is off, wifi sharing off, and cleared cache... 

0 Likes
basslakeview
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello...

I wish I could help you, but my memory is failing me.  I do remember having to call VZW Tech Support for help the first time it happened.   He called Asurion (Insurance) and told them the problem.   They sent me a "new" phone.  I thought it was going to be a refurbished one, maybe because it was less than a year old, but it was a new one. 

Much later on it happened again with the 2nd phone (Note 8), but Tech Support (2nd tier tech support) was able to help this time.  I'm so sorry I cannot remember what they did.  I'm not much help.,   

It just came to mind that if you gave them my phone number and told them I had the same problem - maybe they can check the notes on my phone's problems and solve yours!!  Not sure if our problems are exactly the same, but it sure sounds like it.  Let me know what you think and if you talk to Tech Support ask them what they think.  If it might help, let me know.  I don't want to put my phone number on here for public to see.  My email address is (if they will let me do this ([email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]).  

Elizabeth

0 Likes
basslakeview
Enthusiast - Level 3
Came to mind just now - How did you set up your hotspot the first time? Did you go to Settings/Connections/Turn off WIFI (a toggle switch)/Scroll down to Mobile Hotspot and Tethering/Then turn on Mobile Hotspot (toggle switch)... you can also touch "Mobile Hotspot" and another window will open showing what you named your hotspot and your password. (If you have not already set up your mobile hotspot name and password, that could be what's wrong. In this window, however, you can do that now - pick a name for your hotspot and a password (should someone try to access your hotspot. It will also give you names of other devices connected to your hotspot (including your own devices). You will have to set up your other devices with the hotspot name and password as well. If that doesn't work. I do remember them telling me to go to "General Settings." So go to Settings/General Management/Reset/Reset "network" settings (ONLY). (DO NOT RESET ANYTHING ELSE. ONLY "RESET NETWORK SETTINGS" Then do the first paragraph over again.
0 Likes
othersteve

Hey all,

Tech consultant by trade here. Just wanted to slip in here real quick and let everyone know that this problem is pretty easily resolved with a call to Verizon tech support. You have to get through the customer service line of defense first, but tech can very easily solve the problem by simply re-provisioning your sim card for hotspot data use. My problem happened after I swapped phones and activated my account on a new SIM card that arrived with my new Galaxy S20. A 5 minute call to Verizon solved the problem, they had me turn off the phone for 2 minutes wherein they reprovisioned the data, and after that it was solved permanently.

Hope this helps someone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see you enjoy the ability to share your data, FacelessFan! What model is your phone? What exactly happens when you attempt to use Hotspot? YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wulfsbergvw, we want to make sure that you're able to use your Mobile Hotspot feature. Tell us, what happens when you try to to enable Mobile Hotspot on your device? Do you receive a specific error message? To be sure, is your cellular data connection working?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes