Re: Unable to Connect - Authentication Error / Wireless Hotspot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure this is properly addressed, when did this problem begin? Has there been any recent updates or changes? Have you changed your Hotspot password?

PamD_VZW

0 Likes
Bgorigin

This terrible.  New phone absolutely need hot spot and doesn't work.  Same error as everyone else.  Note 10 +.  This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on the new phone, Bjvanpelt. We absolutely will turn this experience around for you. To start, remove your SIM Card.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-227877/

Once it's out, then Reset Network Settings while phone had no SIM Card.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-227298/

Once that completes, re-insert your SIM card and tell us your results.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Bgorigin

Just to let you know.  I was traveling in Los Angeles area when I needed the mobile hot spot features.  Call tier 2 support but they couldn't fix.  When I got home I thought to just try it out.  It worked with no issues.  Not sure why it did not authenticate in large metro area where supposedly technology is more up to date???  Big disappointment on Verizon side.

0 Likes
Brngtn87
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to my "My Verizon" app and started messaging with a person or whatever through the app for help, told them that my hotspot would not turn on, and they said they "refreshed the data Network on my phone" and it actually worked! My hotspot now finally works

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to get this resolved. We will send a Private Note, so we can assist you better. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Devo1987

im having the same problem as everyone as of 12/19/2019 8:48AM but i have the verizon galaxy note 5 in mint condition  with the latest possible update for my device i know its not a issue with our devices i have gotten a new sim card / Hard factory rest the device 3 times!  with no luck verizon  i need my hotspot for work and im loseing money i feel like should get a credit to my account for this issue  please help your customers ASAP!   (GIVE US A UPDATE)

0 Likes
Keyworth
Enthusiast - Level 1

same here they even replaced the phone so it not a hardware issue

0 Likes
Devo1987

here's an update everyone !!!

Your recent online chat conversation

Chat with us again if you have more questions or sign in to My Verizon to make updates to your account.

Your chat recap

Reference number: 725745825488071714

Chatted on: 12/19/2019 at 11:12:19

Verizon Thank you for chatting with Verizon Wireless! How can we help you today?

You Unable to Connect - Authentication Error / Wireless Hotspot

Verizon Hello, My name is Krystle, sorry for the long wait times and thank you so much for waiting. How may I help out today?

You HERE ! PLEASE HELP im having the same problem as everyone as of 12/19/2019 8:48AM but i have the verizon galaxy note 5 in mint condition with the latest possible update for my device i know its not a issue with our devices i have gotten a new sim card / Hard factory rest the device 3 times! with no luck verizon i need my hotspot for work and im loseing money i feel like should get a credit to my account for this issue please help your customers ASAP! (GIVE US A UPDATE)

You https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/Unable-to-Connect-Authentication-Er...

You PLEASE HELP

Verizon Im sorry for the troubles and inconvenience this has caused with your hotspot I will be happy to help out today

Verizon To begin may you please provide me the account billing pin

You PIN #xxxx 84306

Verizon Is there another pin we can try Devin, this pin did not work

You MAYBE xxxx

You im the account holder

Verizon No worries, we can try another way you, you may reset the pin online at www.vzw.com/pin Ill be standing by let me know once this has been updated

You i have reset it pin is xxxx

Verizon Perfect thank you

Verizon Our engineers are aware of the hotspot issue we are working diligently in getting this resolved. what I can do as all troubleshooting has been completed I will open a network ticket on your line to report the trouble you are experiencing

Verizon fix is usually in place within 1 hour upon opening the ticket

You ok thanks im hopeing i can get a credit to the account because of the problem

You is that possible

Verizon In regards to a billing incentive for the loss of the hotspot feature, I can imagine that determination would be provided once the issue is rectified in which we are working around the clock to rectify as we understand the importance of reliability as the largest network provider in the U.S. With technology things like this can happen,<br/>We will indeed make things right by our customers during this difficult time<br/>

You ok i will wait thanks have a awsome day

0 Likes
Keyworth
Enthusiast - Level 1

same here Woman Sad did you find any resolve? they thought it was hardward and sent me a new phone...not hardward 

0 Likes