Re: Unable to Connect - Authentication Error / Wireless Hotspot
Silverkat2019

I am having the exact same issue on my new note 10+ my hotspot has the authentication error and I went to verizon and they set up a new sim card for me and that still didnt work. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having visited the store with no resolution must be frustrating. Our hope is that the software was all updated to the one in the link:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note-10-plus-update/
With that up-to-date, it's recommended to perform the following:

Remove the SIM Card
( https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-227877/ )

Reset Network Settings while the phone has no SIM Card
( https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-227298/ )

Re-inserted SIM Card

Restart the device on and off and on again.

Do share with us your results.

DavidH_VZW

damnielle

Going through these steps still returns an authentication error for mobile, bluetooth, and USB attempted mobile hotspots. 

I have the note 10 plus. Mobile Hotspot worked on my previous phone. 

The Samsung forums mentioned that there was an issue with the Verizon towers denying the device from authentication to be able to use the hotspot. Other users with the same phone confirmed they were able to connect using the same phone from a different carrier

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your efforts and are disappointed to learn you're still receiving the authentication error, damnielle. Let's continue to look into this. Does your cellular data work for apps and web browsing on your phone? What is the current software in your device, http://spr.ly/66051JtoS? Please provide the steps you are taking to turn on your Mobile Hotspot and when you see the error message. 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
damnielle

I spent an hour and a half working with a Verizon rep yesterday trying to solve the issue. We did everything from changing plans to booting in safe mode. 

The only step I haven't tried is a complete factory reset, but I'm not willing to do that when the phone is new and there are so many other people that have done this already. 

Build number is N975USQU1ASJ2.

My cellular data works totally fine for all apps, browsing, calls, and texts.

The error message occurs when I try to turn on the Mobile Hotspot, Bluetooth Tethering, or USB Tethering from the settings on my mobile device. It says "Please wait while verifying" for varying amounts of time. Then inevitably ends up with "Unable to connect. Authentication Error"

If I am connected to Wi-Fi, I get the same error, but it will then connect and say that Wi-Fi sharing has been enabled. I am then able to connect from another device and share the Wi-Fi successfully. 

0 Likes
Norm3388

I had the same problem. I opened settings and turned off the feature to receive alerts about data usage. Afterwards it worked just fine.

0 Likes
damnielle

The latest update to .....J8 solved my problem 

0 Likes
tgeist
Enthusiast - Level 1

Make sure that Roaming Data is turned off. Fixed my issue!

tgeist
Enthusiast - Level 1

turn off roaming data in settings

settings mobile networks data roaming access

Wyattholman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm able to use my data and I've check for update I've reset all network to default But I'm getting the error message and I will not work I have the Galaxy note 10 plus and I've been trying for months now please help me