UPDATED SOFTWARE on 1/20/14 - PHONE IS TERRIBLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else having issues?
CW02131

I loves this phone before the update.  Now I hate it.  How can we go back to the old operating system?

Problems;

• Freezes
  • battery life stinks
  • can't access contacts sometimes
  • runs hot
  • So slow i want to throw it out the window
0 Likes
Re: UPDATED SOFTWARE on 1/20/14 - PHONE IS TERRIBLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else having issues?
JoeKiv
Contributor - Level 1

"

Anyone else having issues?"

You have to be kidding! There are hundreds of complaints posted on 'this' forum since the OTA update went out. However, the answer to your question is NO you can't go back. 

0 Likes
Re: UPDATED SOFTWARE on 1/20/14 - PHONE IS TERRIBLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else having issues?
csmith3356

I called customer service about this and they told me it was my phone.  They sent me a replacement phone under warranty and I still had the same problems. No 4G and really slow. So I sent an email to the President for the SouthEast Region about this issue. I received a phone call from a female executive in his office and was told that there is a bug in the release so the info bar shows its only 3G when it is really 4G.  After comparing my phone with other non-Samsung III phones I can say with certainty that that is bull.  I don't think Verizon is going to fix the software.

0 Likes
JoeKiv
Contributor - Level 1

Samsung announced a couple of weeks ago that the S3 will be getting updated to Kit Kat 4.4.2 on all US Carriers.  So keep an eye out for the update to AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile then 2 to 6 months latter you will probably see it on Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: UPDATED SOFTWARE on 1/20/14 - PHONE IS TERRIBLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!  Anyone else having issues?
csmith3356

Installed KitKat and still same, maybe a little worse.  Must be time to go back to Sprint.  Verizon support for the Galaxy IIIS is terrible!

0 Likes