UPDATE 4.3 NOTIFICATION
Klue
Master - Level 1

If I click the install button for this update then pull the battery, what are the consequenses? I don't want this update, but I don't want to keep looking at this update notification all the time.

I have heard that other carriers have pulled the update, and my thinking is if Verizion has pulled it then the notification should not show up anymore, just not sure what would happen to the phone after the battery pull while it trying to install the update.

0 Likes
Re: UPDATE 4.3 NOTIFICATION
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would guess that either the update or the current OS would be corrupted.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mdxdx
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is very possible that you may brick the phone, but I am not sure.

0 Likes
jzamorski113
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd love to know of a way to get rid of this. I already have my replacement phone but refuse to do that update again. It's annoying to keep delaying the update every day. I guess that's a small price to pay for actually having a proper functioning phone and being able to use my car charger.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Klue!

I want you to experience the new OS for the S4. I definitely do not recommend clicking to install the new OS, then pulling the battery.

I wanted to let you know the benefits of this new OS. Here's a link with all of the details and benefits of the update: http://bit.ly/1cLFwzu Check it out, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sbash
Enthusiast - Level 2

nobody wants the new OS. This phone is terrible.

0 Likes
Ktyler

DO NOT UPGRADE the Samsung Galaxy S4 to Jelly Bean 4.3. It no longer connects via Wi-Fi, but continues to scan and try to connect--but fails. Drains the battery while doing so. This upgrade is a complete disaster. It means my phone is essentially a useless brick for anything but text and voice.

I repeat: DO NOT UPGRADE.

0 Likes
Ktyler

Christine, sorry, I don't want to be mean, but Jelly Bean 4.3 has completely hosed Wi-Fi on mySamsung S4. I know it's not just me. It's all over the Internet. YOu should warn us NOT to upgrade until this problem is fixed. It's too late for me. I've already done it. What I want to know is when will it be patched?

0 Likes
UPDATE 4.3 NOTIFICATION
Maria2013
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded all 3 of mine and my wifi works just fine.

budone
Legend

Mine works flawlessly as well

0 Likes