Turning off annoying mobile data, sync, and location warnings
goose88

Why is there no way to disable these annoying warnings that show up every time I try to toggle my phone settings from the pull-down bar? I have a new S7 Edge, and every time I turn data off, turn sync on or off, or turn location services on, I have to click out of a pop-up warning message. I get that maybe half of your users need constantly reminded that "turning off mobile data you will no longer be able to receive emails or access the internet, unless you turn on Wi-FI". But there should be a setting, no matter how deep it is buried, to disable these.

For instance, something I do regularly is go from Wifi on-Sync on (at home), to 4G on-GPS on-Wifi off-Sync off (driving somewhere). This little transition can be done quickly from the pull-down menu but takes an extra three pop-ups to accomplish now, which is just annoying.

Is this originating Verizon, or Samsung, or Android? I'm not even sure who to send the feedback to. Has anyone else found a way to disable this?

0 Likes
Re: Turning off annoying mobile data, sync, and location warnings
Rock1212

I have also been trying to figure out how to disable these annoying pop ups.  It should be a standard that a warning pop up have a "do not show this again" checkbox.

0 Likes
Re: Turning off annoying mobile data, sync, and location warnings
shpond

Same annoyances here. Hopefully someone from Verizon can answer this question. My guess is it's a Samsung issue, since it's their UI.

0 Likes