Re: Turn off Driving Mode--Galaxy S5
tamster293
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!  Driving mode kept my phone vibrating all night as it turned on and off.

0 Likes
tamster293
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks to all who responded back with the right answer regarding unpairing my Bluetooth device!

0 Likes
jesseblack
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
brav0_johnny

There is another solution of it's car mode that's causing you problems:

Open car mode

Open it's settings (three lines in top right corner)

Uncheck thw box labled "Auto open..."

Hope this helps. It did for me.

0 Likes
RitaCoonrod
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked for me also.  Thank you so much!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm happy your issue was resolved Rita. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
0 Likes
JessFinsUp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, my turn for a driving mode problem. Mine doesn't act up at all until I get in the car. It will connect as soon as I start my car (yay - something that still works right after Lollipop!), but then I keep getting the "ding" notification that driving mode is on. Seriously, it dings every 5 minutes or so. It's unbelievably annoying. My commute for work is 1 1/2 - 2 hours, so imagine that sound NON-STOP for 2 hours. Yeah.

I use bluetooth to stream audio from my phone, so the notification interrupts the audio. When I click "I'm not driving" if I'm in the passenger seat, it still keeps notifying me. And if I ignore the pop-up in the screen telling me driving mode is activated, the window stays on the screen.

I like the driving mode option, since it reads out text messages, but that notification is on my last nerve. Any ideas? If I disable it all together, will that only disable text read out, or does it also cut off the rest of the phone sync features (like dialing from the steering wheel controls, audio streaming, etc.)? Any help is much appreciated! Especially before I chuck this thing into a river...

FGeighr

There needs to be a way to remove this heinous app. It's a distraction that is going to cause an accident.  Constantly popping up while using hands see apps of "M OWN CHOOSING". TELL ME WHICH FILES TO DELETE!!!

0 Likes
brez
Enthusiast - Level 2

Car Mode is DANGEROUS.

Bluetooth hands-free worked so well on the S3. I just upgraded and the S5 Car Mode is really Big Brother (Big Mother?) messing up our lives again. I don't need a Blue Screen of Death telling me who I can call, and not allowing me to select an extension (press 2 for..., etc.). The only way I found around this DANGEROUS "enhancement" is to initiate the call (with my hands!) which then starts my Bluetooth headset with full voice command functionality and NO Car Mode screen. Verizon or Samsung or Android or ALL OF THE ABOVE need to put in the option of disabling this UNSAFE function in the next upgrade.

PLEASE STOP "HELPING" ME!

papajmdavis6

Apparently I'm not the only one dealing with this issue.  So what is the solution?

0 Likes