Turn off Driving Mode--Galaxy S5
VerizonSpud
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phones Driving Mode keeps turning on randomly even when I am stationary.  How do I turn off this wonderful feature.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Turn off Driving Mode--Galaxy S5
mom2rn
Enthusiast - Level 1

On Galaxy s5, go to Messages+ App (Verizon Messages).  Click on top left where there is a drop down menu next to "verizon messages." Then under Advanced, go to Settings. Then click on Driving Mode.  You should see your phone device that is paired with your car bluetooth (possibly read "car multimedia").  Make sure that is unchecked.  Also, scroll down and uncheck Driving Mode Auto-Reply.  I tried it with just unchecking the Driving Auto Reply but i found i needed to uncheck my paired device.  Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is a wonderful feature, VerizonSpud. But I can see how it can become a bit annoying if it's turning on by itself. Does it seem to happen after a particular application is opened? Or after connecting to a Bluetooth, charger, or even changing out the case? You can find Driving mode either by going into Menu > Settings > My Device > Driving Mode or by pulling down your notification bar and selecting the Car icon. Please also be sure to double check in your charging port for any fluff/corrosion/debris that may be in there causing the phoen to randomly recognize a car mode.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
VerizonSpud
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate your reply.  I think I'm in real trouble.  When look on Menu > Settings > My Device > Driving Mode I cannot find "My device".  It is not in the list.  When I select the Car Mode icon on the notification bar, it lights up.  Then after a minute or two it deselects itself.  When it's selected, my phone is more sluggish.  The status bar at the top of my home page does not show the car icon indicating that I am in car mode.

You asked: "Does it seem to happen after a particular application is opened? "  It does not seem to happen at any particular time.  I can be sitting at my desk and the Driving Mode will initiate.  I shut it down and it restarts a few minutes later, blocking my texts.  I can be walking around, it might initiate. Etc., etc.

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There isn't a Driving Mode on the Galaxy S5 ... it's called Car Mode and you access it via your Notification bar (not through Settings, as you've noticed).  Are you using Verizon Messages as your text app?  If so, the Driving Mode for that app could have been activated.  What message are you seeing (and where) when you say that your phone enters Driving Mode?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your feedback, VerizonSpud. I know that this behavior is discomfiting. I'm sure we can solve it! Let's try this soft reset (http://vz.to/1Ai1TcDwith) of your device. Once done, try again. If that doesn't resolve it, place your device into Safe Mode (http://vz.to/1oXH0wW) and then test again. Please let me know how this goes!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

aanieto

"Car mode" and "Driving mode" are two different things.  Suddenly, my S5 has started turning on Driving Mode with an AUTO REPLY text and I can't find where to disable it.  It automatically sends a text message that I'm driving!  It happens when I connect to the bluetooth in both of our cars.  I have tried everything.  I just need to know how to disable this feature, please. My husband has the same phone but does not have "Driving Mode".

0 Likes
VerizonSpud
Enthusiast - Level 2

aanieto, That is what is happening to me . . . except that Driving mode engages frequently and randomly.  It turned on as I was reading your reply, and I am not driving.  The Car mode isn't much better.

0 Likes
VerizonSpud
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seriously?  I have to wipe my phone, pics, data, etc.?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VerizonSpud,

Thanks for your patience with this issue!  I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing this.  It may come down to performing a hard reset to resolve.  Good news is that Verizon Cloud makes it very easy to backup all of your information; http://vz.to/1rVG0ux .

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rashidalord
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe I know the solution...Go to settings, app mgr, swipe to all, go to messaging app--- forse stop/close, clear cache and clear data. That worked for me