Trying to change phone number from Iphone 5 to Galaxy s7 edge
crazykids11
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I have an Iphone 5, and I just got a galaxy s7 edge. I want to switch my phone number from the Iphone to the galaxy. I called customer service and tried to do it that way, but they told me that I had to go into the store to do it. Could I simply put a 4g sim card into the Iphone? Or do I have to go the store to have someone switch it for me?

0 Likes
Re: Trying to change phone number from Iphone 5 to Galaxy s7 edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on the new device, Crazykids11! We want to help make the switch as easy as possible. The iPhone 5 does use a micro SIM card and the Galaxy S7 Edge uses a nano SIM card which does pose as an issue. If you live near a direct Verizon Wireless store location, you can pick up a SIM card for the Galaxy S7 Edge for free. Please use this link to find the closest direct store location: http://spr.ly/6585BAB2X If you already have a nano SIM card in the device, this site will prove helpful with processing the switch via your Verizon Wireless online account: http://spr.ly/6586BAB2k

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Hmmmm.  My sons iphone 5 uses a nano sim.  Apple says iPhone 5 uses a nano sim.  I say pop out the sim and put it into the new phone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is 100% correct, mama23dogs! I do apologize about the misinformation but can confirm the iPhone 5 does use a nano SIM card. In this case, a simple SIM switch will do the trick.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes