Transferring to a replacement S4
sts123

Only 4 questions Smiley Happy

My old LCD screen is broken;  black but power to the phone still works.  How can I do a hard reset on the old phone if I cannot see the screen?

I moved the SIM card from the old phone to the new phone but my pictures didn't transfer to my new phone?

Only place I had my gmail address was on my old phone; any other way I can find it?  Google's website has not helped after trying all day

The settings for my Hotmail account do not have an option to show more messages, but the option is there for my Comcast email account?  Need to show whole inbox for my hotmail

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transferring to a replacement S4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sts123,

I'm sorry to learn of the broken screen issue outlined in your post! Not being able to see activity on the screen makes it impossible to perform any action on your phone with any certainty, we are not able to provide options to do a hard reset in this case.

<< Moderator note - the SIM card does not contain photos.  Photos would be on an SD or micro SD card if you had one and saved the photos to the card.  The following paragraph has been edited for accuracy. >> The pictures from your SIM SD card may be located in a folder that your new device is not able to access for some reason, please connect your device to a computer via a data cable or a SIM SD card adapter to view the contents of the SIM  SD card on your computer to confirm that your pictures are there. Most likely you simply have to move them to a different folder accessible by your new device. To reset or recover your Gmail account password please visit this link http://bit.ly/1jC0yVJ at your convenience. Email account settings may be different for each email server, please contact your email provider (Hotmail) for assistance with their options and settings.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Transferring to a replacement S4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sts123,

I'm sorry to learn of the broken screen issue outlined in your post! Not being able to see activity on the screen makes it impossible to perform any action on your phone with any certainty, we are not able to provide options to do a hard reset in this case.

<< Moderator note - the SIM card does not contain photos.  Photos would be on an SD or micro SD card if you had one and saved the photos to the card.  The following paragraph has been edited for accuracy. >> The pictures from your SIM SD card may be located in a folder that your new device is not able to access for some reason, please connect your device to a computer via a data cable or a SIM SD card adapter to view the contents of the SIM  SD card on your computer to confirm that your pictures are there. Most likely you simply have to move them to a different folder accessible by your new device. To reset or recover your Gmail account password please visit this link http://bit.ly/1jC0yVJ at your convenience. Email account settings may be different for each email server, please contact your email provider (Hotmail) for assistance with their options and settings.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes