Re: Touchscreen unresponsive for a few seconds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

michelle_74 - Having a properly working device is key to enjoying your services with us. I welcome the opportunity to assist you with the touchscreen issue on your S6 device. Since this issue isn't occurring when using every function in your device but only certain ones, we'll want to go through our troubleshooting assistant to see if a software repair may be needed for some apps. You can access the troubleshooter here to get started:  http://vz.to/1TNC4dA

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
reberiii
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like the others, I am having issues with touchscreen lag. It occurs more on the edges of the screen than it does with the middle, and it doesn't happen all the time. It seems to happen much more frequently on waking the device. I have done a lot of research, and there are codes (USSD?) that other carriers allow you to type to access a touchscreen test menu (*#2663# or similar), but we apparently can't do that with this device.

My device is Samsung S6 (regular), Android is fully up-to-date, the device is not rooted, and I've tried hard resetting the device and clearing the cache. The hard reset helps the issue for a few days, but then the issue comes back. I've tried several keyboards (since the issue is the most noticeable when trying to text) from Samsung to Swype to SwiftKey to Google. It is also noticeable after turning the screen on while locked, and trying to bring down the notification area...I practically have to mash the screen to get this to respond.

Your help is appreciated.

0 Likes
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having all the exact same problems as u and have also tried the fixes u have mentioned.  Very frustrating!!  My last 3 phones were the Samsung Galaxy phones and NEVER any issues, especially to this degree of FRUSTRATION!!!

0 Likes
reberiii
Enthusiast - Level 2

t4walker I've gone back and read your posts...I can see that it's been a long ride for you here so far. Have any of the things that you've tried helped, if only for a small period? I just think it's bad that a device that came out brand new in April and has so many great features/advantages suffers from problems I had with devices I had....what, 7 devices ago?

Verizon Wireless Customer Support Is this something we need to go to Samsung with? One poster got satisfaction with this route. Or, is this something that I can take it to my local Verizon store and initiate a warranty exchange? If so, what information do I need to bring with me to do so? Also, please read my previous post (#21) before simply replying that I need to use the troubleshooter. Thank you.

0 Likes
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes....seems to help at first, but gets worse as the day goes on.  Only having a phone almost 2 months this is the most disappointed I have been with a Samsung phone!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

reberiii We want to overcome that lag together. Have you tried to run the phone in Safe Mode? http://spr.ly/6583BXjCB When you did the factory reset, did you uncheck the Automatic Restore option? Are you using the native texting or an application?
JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
reberiii
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup, I've used the phone in safe mode, and after it is untouched for about twenty minutes, the touchscreen unresponsiveness creeps in. When I did the factory reset, I am unsure if that box was checked or not -- do you want me to perform another reset and make sure it doesn't automatically recover? What would that possibly fix (just curious)? I am using Verizon Message+ as my texting option, but I need to stress that while the touchscreen lag frustrates me the most there, it is by far not the ONLY place it happens. Just now when I fired the phone up, it took FIVE swipes from the top of the screen (the fifth one I was practically smooshing my entire thumb into the screen) just to pull the notification bar down to see my...notifications.

I've even switched launcers now to the Google Now launcher, and while overall performance seems improved in spots, the touchscreen lag is still present after the phone sleeps for at least 5 minutes. I have Developer Options enabled where I have running processes capped at two, and that feels like it helps, but seems a bit unnecessary.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

reberiii You've done an excellent job with the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Since the screen lagging is happening with other applications besides the messages plus, the factory reset would be the next step. When resetting the phone do not automatically restore because you will not be able to determine if something that was previously downloaded caused the issue.

SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes
SmilesofBleu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon,

We don't need bandaids (turn this off and on/reboot that/check your apps/hold these buttons down/ wait X number of minutes/asking is your screen damaged)...we need surgery that will fix the problem!!!

A phone that was working perfectly out of the box and of all of a sudden doesn't work like it should after an update is not a phone problem...it's an update problem! Aren't these updates rested before they're released??? These devices already cost too much money not to work like they should!!!

Cell_Doctor

The options you mention are not band aids. They are potential fixes for you problem. They are used instead of forcing you to do a factory reset. In most cases a frozen screen is not what it seems. What is actually happening is the processor is overworked by too many applications trying to run at the same time. Most people have 20+ applications downloaded from iTunes or the Play store. Most run in the background even when the user doesn't open them. Updates are tested, but there is no way to test with all the applications a person downloads. These download apps make your phone a custom device. The fix is to keep your phone clean of read text messages and emails as well as removing unused applications.

0 Likes