Re: Touchscreen unresponsive for a few seconds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the troubleshooting steps you have done thus far, MisterBigs. We will find the culprit and have your phone running like it should. When did this start with your phone? Any recent changes, software updates? When you go into settings>storage? how much storage do you have available?
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kirin
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a new SGS6 as well, brand new out of box. The touchscreen is unresponsive as well, I took it back to the point-of-sale within my 14 days and got a replacement. Touchscreen worked for about 2 days and is now doing the exact same thing. Since my friend is a Samsung rep for Best Buy, he has already done all the physical troubleshooting and strongly feels that this is a manufacture issue. Since I don't want to pay for a refurb via Asurion, I think the best option will be to contact Samsung directly to see if they have any ideas. Otherwise, they will have to fix my phone and I will use my SGS4 again. Husband is having Bluetooth issues. Once again, a manufacture error.

Kirin
Enthusiast - Level 3

UPDATE: Sent phone in to Samsung and they found other issues as well as the touchscreen. Everything was replaced at no cost to me. Same phone works perfectly fine now.

t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have all of the issues u just mentioned.  Have u been able to find out how to fix the issue?  It's VERY frustrating!!!

0 Likes
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did u get the same phone returned to u?  I am having the same issues but I DO NOT WANT a refurbished phone, when I just purchased it in Nov!

0 Likes
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

@kirin....did u get your same phone returned from Samsung?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

t4walker,

I want you using your device with no concerns at all. Please describe exactly what is going on. When did the concerns begin?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got my phone mid Novemberwith no issues.  About 2-3 weeks ago the issues started where the keyboard is not consistently recognizing my touch.  Some times I have to hold a letter, the space bar or number key down until the the phone types the letter.  Also, the main menu doesn'tjust swipe down, again I have to hold down at the top of screen for the menu bar to appear.  Very Frustrating!!!  It takes FOREVER to type messages, etc.

0 Likes
michelle_74

I'm having these exact same issues.  It is so frustrating to have to spend so much extra time trying to get the phone to respond.  Especially when trying to answer a call and having to swipe the answer button multiple times.  I have tried all of the suggestions in this thread.  I am positive this is a known Samsung issue as there are SO many people having the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll get to the botom of this, t4walker. Are you using any accessories with your phone like a screen protector or case that may be interfering? Have you downloaded any applications recently that may coincide with the start of this? Have you tried running your phone in Safe Mode?

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes