Touch Wiz error message
jimdm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since updating to Lollipop, I can no longer access Widgets.  All I get is an error message that TouchWiz home has stopped.  Customer service could not even help me with this fix.  I have disabled Knox and went through all the suggested troubleshooting suggestions.  Any one else having this problem?  And if so, any suggestions?

Re: Touch Wiz error message
chrisshoem

Any time I try to delete or add a widget, touchwiz crashes. This began this morning with the lollipop uograde. Touchwiz crashes as soon as you press and hold down the widget.

0 Likes
Murble

Having same problem.  Any solutions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
chrisshoem,

We don't want to see you with issues on your device! Could you please confirm the software version showing on your device http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83212/ Also, do you see the same behavior when in Safe Mode? http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83084/

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jimdm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've addressed this with a technician online who also had me attempt a fix through safe mode - nothing helped.  The build number on my phone is: LRX22C.1545VRUGOC1.  I downloaded the NOVA Launcher and this fixed the problem.  TouchWiz never has worked since the upgrade.  Thanks.

Saraellent
Enthusiast - Level 1

I  did  the  update  today and  I'm  having  the same problem. What  can I do  to fix this? Is nova an app in the store?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for bringing your concern to our attention Saraellent. Let's partner together and perform some troubleshooting steps to get touchwiz working for you. Are you having the issue with all of the widgets on your device or is it specific ones? May I have you try to force stop and clear data for the individual widgets that are having these issues, reboot the device, and retest. Once you have done so, please keep us posted with the results.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jimdm
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue occurs with all the widgets.  I have already attempted to force stop and clear all data, then reboot, but the problem persisted.  Since TouchWiz stopped working, I loaded Nova Launcher and now all the widgets are working properly.  I can't figure this out.

0 Likes
cfights
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having exact same issue.  Since the update I've lost widgets from my home screens and can no longer add or arrange any widgets or shortcuts.  Wishing there was a way to restore to previous version. This is the most disappointing Lollipop I've ever had in my life...

0 Likes
chrisshoem

Hello. Sorry for delay in responding.  Build LRX22C.I545VRUGOC1. Safe mode is useless. I found from another post that disabling Motion under Motions and gestures resolves the problem. While this enabled me to change icons again, move and delete etc, it is a glitch that still needs to be resolved asap.

0 Likes