Too Much Chit-Chat, Not Enough Support
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

If these discussions are being monitored by forum administrators, why is there so much duplication and back-and-forth sidebar discussions? With so many legitimate issues at stake (particularly, the post-4.3 update problems and associated lack of interest/response from Verizon, Samsung, and Google), long-winded oneupmanship bantering is an abuse of space, time, and purpose of these discussions.

Frustrated users with real issues and questions are looking to this forum for guidance and answers. Please, let's all focus on ways to improve the performance and quality of our Galaxy S IIIs. Though the S III is no longer a flagship leader, it remains the favorite smartphone of millions of users worldwide and, therefore, deserves a serious forum of useful discussions.

0 Likes
Re: Too Much Chit-Chat, Not Enough Support
Not applicable

This is a customer to customer forum. Mods are not customer service.

jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

I wasn't saying that these forums should be anything other than what you stated that they are--customer-to-customer dialogs--which is a good thing so long as the sharing of helpful personal experiences and truthful platform evaluations are not compromised by social networking style content and needless bashing. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that, except to encourage all of us to focus more on facts, options, and solutions. If I'm wrong about the objectives of these forums, I will gladly disassociate myself as a reader/contributor and go elsewhere for real answers to real problems pertaining to the relevance and longevity of the Samsung Galaxy S III. Best regards to all.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

jbmcdroid wrote:

I wasn't saying that these forums should be anything other than what you stated that they are--customer-to-customer dialogs--which is a good thing so long as the sharing of helpful personal experiences and truthful platform evaluations are not compromised by social networking style content and needless bashing.  The trend on this forum has been towards the more "social" networking side of things, although there is still a lot of helpful information.  That information does sometimes get lost in all the chit-chat.  This is a public forum, and there will always be those who come in to rant, to bash, to complain, to harass ... the moderators do a fairly decent job of keeping it to a minimum, which is one of the reasons I've remained active as long as I have on this particular forum.

I don't know how to make it any clearer than that, except to encourage all of us to focus more on facts, options, and solutions. I agree - but not everyone who comes here will do so. If I'm wrong about the objectives of these forums, You  are not wrong, but implementing that, keeping the forum completely free of the chit chat, social interactions, and "needless bashing" is an impossible task, given that this is a public forum.  I've learned to ignore the parts/people (or report them when things get out of hand) and just keep trying to help out as best I can.  I will gladly disassociate myself as a reader/contributor and go elsewhere for real answers to real problems pertaining to the relevance and longevity of the Samsung Galaxy S III. Best regards to all.

Any public forum is going to have the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I participate in several online forum discussions, in various formats.  If the extraneous stuff is too much or the general mood of the forum is not conducive to learning, or gaining the answers I had hoped to find, I don't stick around.  On the other hand, if I can make contributions, or get the information I came seeking, then it's all good.

jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks SuzyQ, points well put. My wife always says that I have more patience with dogs, cats, and computers.

0 Likes