Tons of Spam Texts
SUZEN451
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past week I have been getting Spam Texts every hour from random phone numbers. Its ranging from weight loss pills to concealed carry permits. Its every hour! I submit the phone numbers to 7726 and block them, but what happened in the past week for me to get all these spam texts? Please help! I'm trying to work and getting flooded with this. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tons of Spam Texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUZEN451, Receiving unwanted text is never a delightful experience. Please view question 10 by visiting https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/#spam-texts for the steps to get this resolved.

0 Likes
AMBMOU99
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband is having the same issue.  His messages come from an email domain vzwpix.com and sometimes gmail.com - forwarding to 7726 doesn't work.

We have the smart family set up for blocking so that only allows you to block actual phone numbers.  The block email domains is greyed out on the add/remove spam blocks page because of being set up on smart family.

He gets these in group messages and other people start responding with "stop" which makes his phone blow up with messages.

I guess because carriers started blocking calls, this is the new work around for spam and we are left without ways to block these messages!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're terribly sorry about the whole ordeal. We're always working in way to improve our services. When you report these text messages to the number 7726 it does help us block these number directly in the network, however, for the meantime we would recommend using the mute option, so they won't disturb you. If possible, we can also change your number for free.   

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes