To all having problems disabling Visual Voicemail notificaiton....
naivebelle

To permanently disable this annoying notification, follow these steps (this is what I did around 11:00 p.m. CST yesterday and it still hasn't come back even after powering off the device):

1. Go to verizonwireless.com and hover over My Verizon until menu drops down then hover over My Account until another menu drops down.
  2. To the right (in red) you will see My Features and to the far right of that in small blue print you will see View All>. Click on View All>.
  3. At the bottom of the list of Included Features and Additional Features is a red Add/Change Features button.  Click that button.
  4. Scroll down until you see the Voice Mail heading.  Below that you will see the options for Basic Voice Mail, Visual Voice Mail, etc. Click remove beside the Visual Voice Mail.
  5. Then choose the type of Voice Mail you want to use in it's place.
  6. When you're finished making changes click Next at the bottom of the screen.
0 Likes
Re: To all having problems disabling Visual Voicemail notificaiton....
Justneedanswers
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried what naivebelle had above and it didn't work, maybe because Visual Voice Mail wasn't selected.  I started looking around on the web site and found that there were two Basic Voice Mail selections, (the other one is at the bottom after Visual Voice Mail), the one that I had currently enabled and another one.  I "Removed" the one that was current and selected the other one.  $0 price difference, continued all the way through and the notification that the selection would take effect today was posted.  I then went into the Block Services on the left hand side of the website and blocked Basic Visual Voice Mail.  I turned off my phone re-booted and cleared the cash.  I got a notification on startup that my Voice Mail selections had changed, I followed it and it when to my old voice mail setup.  I re-booted several times the rest of the day and got an initial Voice Mail settings had changed notification once each startup.  This morning, still no Visual Voice Mail notifications (Great), and on re-boot there are no notifications that Voice Mail settings have changed.

Please take a look at this process and if someone else could verify it that would be great.  Still can't figure out why Verizon Tech support can't figure this out.

0 Likes
jschad

Oh my gosh, I will try this and then I am giving up on Verizon. I am the beta tester in my firm for a new cell service for our 50+ employees. Given that thousands of people are begging for help on this feature and not receiving any from Verizon, it will make my decision on this particular service easy. No way am I subjecting all my employees to this foolishness.

0 Likes
dcook

My boss has a new Samsung Galaxy S5 and due to the notification about upgrading visual voicemail he proceeded to turn on Visual Voicemail. He hated the notifications that come along with it. He called Verizon and had the account rep turn off visual voicemail in his account setup. If we try and get to that selection now it tells us that that application has been blocked call support. He still gets that irritating Notification Message about visual voicemail still. I have a Droid Maxx and even with the Verizon OS pushed updates I have had zero issues and no notifications unless I go to apps and press the Voice Mail app from there. My Voice Mail app is Version 3.0.0 and his is 3.0.6 on his Samsung. Sometimes it will go days before he gets the notification window, sometimes when he gets a text, sometimes when he gets an e-mail. Thus far Verizon has been no help with this sporatic notification issue. It truly sucks to be an IT person when you have no quick and easy answers for the boss. I have tried the listed fix as he had in the past as well. It has not resolved his issue thus far.

0 Likes
Mark7050

Or call

Customer Service and make them do it. They say "...it's a promotion" they caused the problem let them fix it....waste their time and resources not just your own.

Dial *611 from your cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday-Sunday 6am-11pm

0 Likes