Time zone changed when we went to Daylight time
isubob

When US went on Daylight Savings Time, signal from Verizon changed my S6 from CST to MDT so my time is one hour off. Now have to keep it on Manual to have the correct time.

0 Likes
Re: Time zone changed when we went to Daylight time
Steve487

I have the same issue with S6 edge. I can manually set the time but if I choose "Automatic Date Time" it changes my time zone to Mountain when I'm actually located in the Central Time zone.When I attempt to clear cache by holding Power+VolumeUP+Home, the screen shows "Installing System Update", The update fails. I checked in settings and the last update was 2-1-17 and it can not find a newer update to install from that screen. My wife's S5 is set to "Automatic Date Time" and it works fine. What to do next?

0 Likes
joelr_vzw
Verizon Employee

isubob, Let's get your time settings back to what it should be. What zip code are you at? Are you having problems with any other services? Are your location services/GPS turned on?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely odd. Let's see what we can do. Was it working fine before and recently just changed? KleoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jvworks

I have same issue with a LG K20V. And it started after switch to DST. I have two other phone in the house, Pixel and Droid2, which do not have the same ssue off the Verizon signal. I have toggled to manual and back, powered off and no change. Flew to Denver for a week, the network picked up and I stayed appropriately on MDT the entire trip. Turned to Airplane mode, flew to ATL and it worked fine. Flew back home to Panama City, did approprite Airplane off/on for the fight, and went back to CDT for a short time before it rolled back to MST.

I have done all the on/off toggle tricked recommended on many other threads. I have no idea what is causing the override -perhaps an app has a hidden push I don't know about.

0 Likes