Time Wrong on my Galaxy SIII. Any help?
MattNorris74

It is currently 8:27am. My Phone says it is 7:49  How to fix? I have turned phone off a few times. I've taken out the sim card and battery. I've tried *228 which doesn't work with the sim card. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Time Wrong on my Galaxy SIII. Any help?
bearone21
Legend

*228 is a no no on smartphones.

0 Likes
Mrsgcnaylor
Enthusiast - Level 1

In your apps you have a clock that can be used to set alarms.

Select the clock.

Use the menu key located at the bottom left of your device. Select "Date and Time"

You have a few options here:

"Automatic date and time" If this box is checked, then your phone will automatically set the date and time according to your time zone. If you uncheck the box, then you can select "Set time" and manually set your time to what ever you want it to be.

There is also an "Automatic time zone" if you want your phone to recognize and update your phone to your specific time zone.

This is where you decide your time options. Once you are done, select the back button or home button.

Joshnd80

My phone does the same thing.  It will get the correct time when I reset it but is off again after several hours.  Even making it so I manually set the clock and ignore network time doesn't fix it.  It's annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joshnd80,

Sorry to hear about the continued issues with your time! We definitely want to make sure your phone is functioning at 100%. Does this only happen at the same time or location each day? Are you connected to WiFi when this happens? Is your GPS functioning okay and on? Is it only a few apps showing incorrectly or are all time displays incorrect?

Please keep us posted on the details!

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Joshnd80

There really isn't a specific time or situation where it occurs.  Sometimes I look and it's off a couple minutes, and I've seen it off as many at 15.  It's always behind too, never ahead.  When I restart the phone it corrects itself and then later will be off again.  It's done it both on and off wifi, and with and without the time setting set to network time.  Even if I change the setting to manual and set the clock it will be off eventually.  The GPS is on and seems to be working fine.  The time is wrong in all apps that show time, as well as the main time display on the phone itself.

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
SteffyH

I have the same thing happening to me and it's really annoying. I constantly have to re-start my phone multiple times a day to fix the time. I tried both the auto and manual time zone things and neither of them fix it. Since the update it's messed up my clock as well as my scroll, my screen will automatically display stuff I didn't even touch at times, sometimes nothing scrolls when I touch it (I feel like I have to start pressing really hard for something to go)- did the factory reset and it's still a mess. Whatever patch was sent and I tried to undo, didn't fix it and now my phone is messed up. I'm so annoyed about it b/c I lost everything w/ the factory reset and can't get it back which wouldn't bother me so much except my phone is still messed up. I am not happy about this Verizon!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joshnd80,

How long has this been going on? Can you attempt to use your phone in Safe Mode to see if the issue continues? http://vz.to/1e6aVO6

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Joshnd80

Since the last system update. If I activate safe mode can I put it back to normal without losing anything?

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Joshnd80,

Great question. You can switch from safe mode to normal mode without losing any information. Safe mode does not reset the phone in any capacity. It only disables all third party applications to see if it is a 3rd party application causing the issue.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes