Re: The latest update seems to be affecting mobile data.
Juan1158

Having same problem, phone is in 3G most of the time when I know there is great 4G coverage. Sometimes it doesn't even show 3G or 4G it show the bars but no 3G or 4G. Not happy

0 Likes
rtan
Enthusiast - Level 2

POSSIBLE FIX

The new update seems to have reset the network setting to "Global" from " LTE/CDMA" . To change it back go to -settings-more settings-mobile networks-network mode- then select LTE/CDMA.

It seems that this has fixed the problem for me. Will update this post later if it doesn't.

0 Likes
llamee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem in Daytona Beach, FL.  4G data has vanished since the 4.1.2 update.  I called Verizon yesterday and did the factory reset as requested.  I called again today when it did not change anything.  I was told I was being sent a refurbished phone to replace my new phone, something that doesn't really excite me.  I'll try the possible fix listed by rtan and see if that helps. 

0 Likes
bcrab

Same problem here. The phone was working perfect before and now the 4G is constantly cutting on and off.

0 Likes
rtan
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE

Looks like changing the network did not fix the issue for me, although some people are reporting that it worked for them.

Also here is an article about the problem http://androidcommunity.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii-update-killing-4g-lte-for-some-20130531/?utm_medium...

0 Likes
llamee
Enthusiast - Level 3

I noticed in settings menu in the same place where you change the network mode, there is a setting for 'Access Point Names.'  When I looked in there, nothing was selected.  Once I selected 'LTE - Verizon Internet' and restarted, things seem to have gotten better.  Not sure if it will last or not, but it's noticeably better.  LTE - Verizon Internet was the only option.  Before the update, there were a lot of other options.

wgainey

I have spoken with support 3 times since applying the update.
Tonight they confirmed there is an issue limited to the SG3 that is affecting 4G and data.

I have the same issues others are reporting.  3G or no signal in places that were never a problem since getting the device last July.  Poor data speeds.

In general, the update has apparently rendered a really good phone to one I'm not happy with at the moment.

Battery consumption is higher when it is not working at 4G.

We are now at the mercy of support to determine the cause of the issue and get the resolution out to those of us that are affected.

0 Likes
therudo

I am too having all the 4G to 3G to no connection and the loss of battery charge problems after the multi-window update.  It is so frustrating.  Has Verizon at least recognized all the problems after this update?  I hope Verizon is listening and fixes this problem soon. 

0 Likes
lulipher
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to add my issue to this report list.  I too am having a 4G issue.  After the most recent update, I absolutely cannot get 4G.  I performed a factory reset and I still get no 4G.  Just before the update, 4G all day long.... Now nothing.  It seems they are aware of the issue, but it will be interesting to see how this is handled. 

People have reported several issues with the latest update:

Loss of 4G

4G stays connected when wifi is connected

Swipe contact to call not working

I have not read anywhere a fix for the loss of 4G that works.  I am thinking about switching sims tomorrow and see if that does anything.

For 4G staying connected while wifi is connected, many users have reported disabling the new Caller ID app as a fix.

The Swipe contact to call issue has been reported to be a change in behavior.  If you try to swipe from in the normal fashion left to right, it will not work.  If you start the swipe after the contact pic and swipe to the right, it works.

LarryBrad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated my Verizon G3 this week but decided to wait to update my wife's identical SCH-i535. First of all, the latest rollout JZO54K.I535VRBMD3 was long awaited and welcomed.  Most of this content is great.  But....at my home, I must be on my home WiFi to use it because, at my home, 4G LTE no longer works on my S3.  My wife's s3 still does work fine without the latest update.  I took my phone to the Verizon Store to check this problem but since they have a 4g LTE  5+ bar signal, my phone worked on 4g..  Still they change a few settings (global to LTE), soft reset, removed the battery, and changed the SIM card.  The store in Papillion, NE made a gallant effort to trouble shoot in the blind. I returned home to my 2 bar 4g LTE signal where it still does not work at all UNLESS II switch to WiFi. My wife's phone is still working on 2 bar 4G LTE but hers was not updated.  So, bottom line consumer assessment here is that the update prevents the Galaxy S3 from operating on 4G LTE with 2 or fewer bars.  Also, since it has 2bars 4g LTE, it will not kick to 3G.  I have faith that Verizon will quickly address this issue because the rest of the update is excellent.

0 Likes