The latest update seems to be affecting mobile data.
rtan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right after installing the mutli-window update, my mobile data cuts out occasionally. Mobile data is still on it just isn't getting reception. It seems to come back on it's own a short time later.  I also notice that it is connecting to 3G instead of 4g, more than it did before the update. I have cleared the cache, but am waiting a bit before doing a factory reset because it'll take hours to get my phone set up to the way it is now.  My phone also seems to using more battery power than it did before, although I have a feeling it is related to the above problem.

I have visited several other forums where other people are also reporting having the same issue after installing the new update.

Is anyone else having this issue, and is Verizon aware of this problem?

Re: The latest update seems to be affecting mobile data.
Not applicable

This is yet another of the problems when people are posting "Come on Verizon, where is my update posts"

The problem is with folks saying that verizon is not putting out updates fast enough and why can't they have what the other carriers are releasing it comes round robin that once that update is pushed out then the influx of posts saying this or that is not working, and is verizon aware of it, and are they going to fix it etc.

The maker of the device has to release the update patch to Verizon. And that may not be done right away or at all.

Sorry you had to get the problem. I believe we should be happy with what we have and what worked previously.

Good Luck

DoubleDwn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. I even got so angry today that I did a full factory reset at the cost of some of my data. Nothing I have tried so far seems to have fixed it. I used to have solid 4G at my house, now I either get no signal whatsoever or 3G.

It's also failing to send text messages. When I click resend on the failed message, people are complaining that they received two texts. This update really borked my phone up good.

rtan
Enthusiast - Level 2

First off, I had no problem waiting for the new features ,when or if they were going to get added to the phone. My phone told me I had an update, so I updated it. So don't assume what you are stating in your post.

Secondly this should have been thoroughly test before releasing, and if it did somehow get pass the testing phase it's only because people complain that they become aware of the problem. The more complaints, the more urgent it becomes for them to fix the problem. It's also up to Verizon to get Samsung to fix the problem, hence the post here.

And I should be happy that my phone no longer has a reliable internet connection and can not go back to the previous state without modding the device.

It's from posts like this that will stop others from updating their phone, and make Verizon aware of the problem.

On a side note, since my original posting the forums are filling up with the reports of exactly the same issue, so I'm definitely not alone in this.

0 Likes
rtan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess that dashes my hopes that a factory reset will fix the problem. Thanks for saving me the time and trouble.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Please understand I was not trying to criticise you. I have responded in the other thread on the lack of the suite. I said Verizon will release it when they are ready. The other posters all stated the other carriers had released it, I said the same as I said in this thread. Updates are not exactly better for what we have.

You phone worked properly before you updated, but after it did not. My comments are not directed just towards you. You are assuming they were.

I alluded to the fact for all the customers that want the latest and greatest updates the same folks as you mentioned are now flooding the forums with their "I updated and now my phone don't work" unfortunately this is a customer to customer help forum and verizon will not fix a problem by posting here.

Call or write verizon and Samsung a letter the forum will only possibly come up with a solution that works or doesn't as the other poster did the wipe.

Good Luck

AdamZe
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is really bad.  This update took my phone from great to the quality of my old Thunderbolt.

benlarson79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problems and I called Verizon last night and they said they hadn't heard of the problem yet.  I told them about this forum and they made a ticket for the problem so hopefully they will acknowledge it soon and get it fixed.  My battery is draining way faster than usual too.  I just turned off mobile data to check if the battery issue is connected to the 4g problem.  I'm guessing they are connected.  The new features they added were not impressive (I already disabled most of them) and it messed up my phone.  Lose lose.  Please fix this Verizon!

sjtilney
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem after the update. Sometimes I can't connect to mobile data (4g or 3g) at all. I can't get anything to work that requires data. I can't even send a text message. I have to keep on restarting my phone until it finally works. I hope Verizon fixes this soon.

cleo5678
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here, sometimes I switch it to airplane mode and back...but my signal drops in and out frequently after the latest update.  Bad trade-off for the multi-window feature IMHO...