The 4.3 Update is an Epic Fail!
crystalce58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a litany of reasons as to why:

• My WiFi constantly disconnects as others have indicated.  It worked perfectly prior to the update.  Now I get error messages that my connection is unstable or too slow.
  • My phone takes twice as long to boot up since VZW decided to add their own page on booting.  Thanks, but I know where my $$ goes every month, I didn't need the reminder. I'd rather not have to wait for my phone to boot.
  • Prior to the update, I was able to use my Bluetooth to initiate calls and send verbal texts.  Not anymore.  I live in a state where you need to be hands-free when driving or risk a ticket.  Besides, trying to dial and drive is dangerous anyway.
  • When I drag down a notification when the phone is locked and click on it, the phone doesn't open that app anymore.  The screen now shuts off, and I have to hit the button and unlock the screen to get into the app.  It used to open automatically when you would touch the app after dragging down the notification.
  • The battery now drains twice as fast.
  • Contact pictures and ringtones have disappeared.
  • I don't have the camera flash issue, and apparently there is an easy fix for it, but why is it happening at all?

Verizon Wireless representatives solutions?  Factory reset.  Do they understand what a pain it is to have to redo EVERYTHING on your phone when doing a factory reset? Reloading apps, re-establishing and logging into accounts again, resyncing contacts, setting up screens and widgets.  Resetting alarms. How about not sending out updates with bugs in them, so we don't have to do factory resets?  Seriously, sometimes I miss when my phone was just a phone.  But now, for better or worse, my whole life is tied up in this device, so a factory reset isn't just a simple undertaking.