Texts with emoji's sending as mms only

I recently updated to 4.3 and whenever I send a text with emojis it sends as an mms message and that just drains my batter and drives up my data plan, is there any fix to this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Texts with emoji's sending as mms only

Sr. Leader

MMS messages do not count against your data plan, they count against your text package.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

MMS messages do not count against your data plan, they count against your text package.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

well when you send texts as mms it uses data because you cant send mms on wifi and I was just wondering if there was anyway to send sms messages with emojis

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Yes, picture and enhanced texts (such as those with emoji's) require a data connection to send/receive, but as noted earlier, they don't count against your data package, they count against your text package.

0 Likes
Highlighted

well is there any way I could send them in an sms message because the internet signal where i live isnt good so sometimes the mms messages take forever to send

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

no

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Paul13 wrote:

well is there any way I could send them in an sms message because the internet signal where i live isnt good so sometimes the mms messages take forever to send

Emojis, emoticons, formatting text with color or special fonts, attaching photos or videos - all are MORE than SMS - Simple Message Service.  SIMPLE, text only messages.

Anything more converts or is sent as MMS, requiring a data connection, although it only counts as a text message and does not dip into your data allowance.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Why don't they just make it part of SMS like on iPhones

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Paul13 wrote:

Why don't they just make it part of SMS like on iPhones

??  iPhones use iMessage -which DOES count against your data plan (unless you use wifi).  If you are not using iMessage (data) and using Verizon's text messaging, both SMS and MMS count as text; using emoji's or other enhancements will mean using MMS.

0 Likes
Covid19