Re: Texting with data turned off.
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

You have 2 options:

Apple: iMessage....works over Wifi, and you should be able to download google hangouts, same principle....use a gmail account and you can also use it over wifi

Android: Use hangouts....its my favorite messaging app....and it can also allow you to text from the app as well...

Snn5
Legend

Hangouts does use data to send sms and mms.  It looks like VM+ does too now that I take a closer look.  My data use shows .08MB for the month and My Data Manager shows .08MB for Messages+.  hmmmmm  Back to stock I suppose.

0 Likes
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

While this is true, as long as you have access to Wifi, Hangouts will still function without data....

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The trick with my G2 is that, even with data off, data is still used to send MMS.  That's why VM+ still shows mobile data use and why Hangouts (I wish) would work for me.  This is the craziest phone when it comes to how data is handled.  Like some gateway where only the stock app doesn't use data for MMS, where it blocks Internet but allows messaging.  Only messaging it will block when off mobile data is video messaging.

0 Likes
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like you should make the switch to a Samsung device...I've been shying away from LG since my last handset through them....I had too many problems with it.....they should just stick to appliances...lol

Snn5
Legend

You're right, LG is awesome.  Loving the G2, and wanted the G3, and I bet the G4 will be awesome too!  Nowhere could you get the performance and battery, the OiS camera and form factor for a pricetag of -$50 after a Razr Maxx trade-in and rebate.

0 Likes
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

The G3 did look nice, and the 4k video ability sounded sweet, but then again the S6 is going that route too.....so many choices....lol....I'm going Note 4 when I move up....I need a bigger screen!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdpenley3, we want to help you choose the best device to fit your needs! You can compare devices side by side here: http://bit.ly/zpAY1E

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

No problem that I know of...but with 5.0 ???

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, I have heard of updates that changed how the radios operate, and since it was an S5 thread, and you are always on top of this phone I figured you might have insight.

0 Likes