Re: Texting suggestions on Galaxy S7 black on black background since upgrade
BRISTR60
Enthusiast - Level 2

I like the Messaging Plus app because of Glimpse and a few other things I am unwilling to  lose. I am not gping to try a separate messaging program. I've been dealing with this since the update from 6. X to 7 x like everyone else. [Removed]

off topic content  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

stef7
Master - Level 2

[Removed]

Personally, if I loved the app that much, I'd rather side-load a fixed version of that app if it existed rather.  [Removed] but I understand - maybe that doesn't exist...

One wonders if the Verizon app was developed in such a way that they don't want to change it to make it's behavior different on Samsung devices, vs. all the other devices from other manufacturers. Or put another way - if it's not broken on non-Samsung devices, maybe it's really a Samsung issue?

Good luck.

responses to an off topic discussion removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

DCLAV
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have discovered two things that are interesting about this problem.

First, I would like to say that repeated emails to the developer listed in the Play Store (which is Verizon) and calls to Verizon customer service, have been fruitless. There appears to be no interest in fixing this problem on the part of Verizon. This is too bad because mainly from the standpoint of it being atrocious disregard for their customers, and then it is compounded by the fact that this app is the best (in theory) and only one that so seamlessly ties together texting and syncing of Android phones and Mac computers.

This problem first occurred for me when I upgraded to the Samsung S8+, it did not happen on my previous Samsung Galaxy 5.

For this model, which may differ on other phones, it is interesting that the problem does not happen when the phone is in landscape mode (the colors are an easy to read blue on white) and when the setting HIGH CONTRAST COLORS is selected in the DISPLAY settings the black on gray is made very legible by a white outline to the font. That is a workaround however it makes other lettering in other apps weird looking.

But wouldn't it be great if Verizon would understand and simply fix the problem so articulately described by many people in THESE 8 PAGES OF COMPLAINTS?

JUDARB58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm glas that I saw your pist.  I was getting ready to upgrade. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DCLAV,

We understand that this is a great concern for all Samsung users. We are working towards a resolution. This issue will be addressed with the next update for the app. Have you checked to make sure your Verizon Message app is up to date?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

stef7
Master - Level 2

This is a good development. The VZW app developers should handle user feedback in a similar manner to the way other developers take ownership of the lifecycle of their apps.

CARSPA24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem and it only started when I got my new Galaxy S8.  My LG G5 did not have this problem using the exact same messaging app.  This is a Verizon App problem.  Verizon, please fix it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

carspa24 We understand the urgency to get this working. We are waiting on a patch to help resolve this issue. Until then you do want to make sure your app is up to date.

DoloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SOCRATES1989
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon,  after multiple screen shots shared on this forum by numerous Verizon customers owning the GalaxyS7, the problem is clearly evident and not being resolved by you or Samsung.  What is the latest update on this ridiculous issue,  one which I also suffer through - dark background/ Black text.

It's a specific programming issue for I.T. to change in code writing. Is three correct department from Samsung being contacted? Contact the team that writes the programming for this Message+ app.

Kbain07

Must have rolled out a fix. Mine is finally correct. Thank you Verizon

0 Likes