Re: Texting suggestions on Galaxy S7 black on black background since upgrade
RBliss1622
Enthusiast - Level 1

The only way I found to fix the Black on Grey, is to switch from Messange+ to the old "Messages" that is Samsung's original app.

Go to Settings> Apps>Default Apps>Messaging App.  Then switch to Messages.

Then you must delete the Message+ Icon and put the Samsung Messages Icon in it's place.

Be carful it will ask you if you want to keep Messages+ , and if you click OK, you will keep Message+ and NOT switch to Messages. So click Cancel to revert to Message.

I know this might be a little confusing, but it works. The list of correct words is readable.

Sorry Verizon, but your attitude on telling us it is a priority, and is very important to us, tell us your programming team is incapable to reverse what they changed in the first place.

I just got a upgrade today, and this was not fix, so I switched to Samsung's messages.

RMC100
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the response. I will give it a try.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that update, RMC100. We do understand your concern with these features and want to make sure that you can fully enjoy and utilize your S8 device. The issue with this is the fact that these are features not produced by Verizon which means that we need to reach out to the manufacturers to have it looked into. As soon as we get an update for the issue, we will release it to you. Have you reviewed if any other keyboard applications or another person's device is having this same issue? Please verify that you have updated your software on your device to keep everything running smoothly.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AlexWI
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Verizon, any updates from Samsung. I tried all of the suggestion, but NOT switching away from "msg +" as it's what I want. I have been using the Swype kb and still black on dark gray and unusable. Sometimes one of the remaing words is white, but the corrections are always black and not seen.

Screenshot_20170912-120021[1].jpg

heetseeker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same problem with black on dark grey suggestions.  Looking for another app.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your pictures to turn out perfect on that awesome phone you have heetseeker. Are you using any 3rd party picture applications? Have you had this issue since purchasing your phone?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
terrilb
Enthusiast - Level 1

10/5/17 - Recent update installed. Same issue with Verizon Messages App.  The spelling suggestions come up in black text on a dark grey background - you cannot read them! And, there is no setting to change this display. Please fix so that I don't have to change apps. I like the Verizon Message App, but this is useless when you cant read the suggestions!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to see the spelling suggestions on your phone. Let's check a couple of things out on your device. On your keyboard do you see the microphone symbol on the bottom left of your screen? If so, please hold this down until you get to the keyboard settings screen. On this screen what options do you see for your keyboard?

JasperM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
terrilb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, i can go to settings. Which keyboard setting do you want me to look at? Everyone in this thread has the same issue and no solution is being provided. Screenshots are best at describing. I am using samsung keyboard. All default settings. High contrast has same issue. Its only been this way since last update where they changed dafault background color to dark grey.

boa122
Enthusiast - Level 2

BUMP!!!

Same issue here all year.  Called Verizon Support months ago, and they cannot fix it, & it appears to be a systemic compatibility issue between Verizon's Message+ app and Android and/or Samsung.

Here's the solution, although I'd really prefer to use Verizon's Message+ App:

USE ANOTHER MESSAGE APP

(I use the Samsung)