Re: Texting suggestions on Galaxy S7 black on black background since upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MaBelleLulu, we know that you have all been very patient and as this is also something that I have enjoyed on my phone I am just as anxious for a resolution. I have checked with Samsung to see if we have a release date on a repair yet. Sadly, while they are working on this, there is no news on exactly when we may expect that correction.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jetengle
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is completely unacceptable... for a company with the resources of one such as Verizon and in a war with other cellular carriers to let this issue go for 1/2 a year!  This is inexcusable! 

jetengle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too tried all the "fixes" and wasted my time... at least instruct your CS reps to just say they don't know if they don't know!

mosesdon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like everyone, I've spent hours trying to change the "black on charcoal" text suggestion display on my S6.  I'm using the Samsung keyboard.  Nothing.  And it's completely unusable in its current configuration. Got an upgrade today and hoped this would be fixed in the upgrade.  Nope. 

Since I can't see the text characters in the black on charcoal display, the best I can do is to compare the suggestion shape with what I want to say.  If I want to say "home early" then I look for a suggestion that appears to have the same number of characters as "home early" and then select it and see what I get.

And  I'm most disappointed that this color configuration was even released by Verizon.  If ANYONE from Verizon looked at this display, they'd have to say "well, this won't work" and figure out a different way to display text suggestions.  I suppose we'll have to blame hackers in North Korea because Verizon doesn't appear to be owning and fixing this serious problem. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mosesdon,

We absolutely understand that this is a frustrating issue to experience. We have been in contact with the Message+ team and the workaround we provided by using the Samsung keyboard option has been tested and has worked on most devices. Unfortunately, we do not have any information on when will be resolved at this time. In the interim, the best option would be to utilize the native messaging app or you can reach out to the app's team directly for additional assistance. The team can be reached by email at VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com.

ShawnteJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mineralfarmer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not seen one user (including myself) say that the Samsung Keyboard workaround (nor the text color scheme change suggestion) solves this problem. Let's face the reality--there is no solution. Samsung's latest software update (this morning) did not fix it, either.

mineralfarmer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually, the solution that works fine is as put forth above--change to the native messaging app on the phone rather than Message+

SirBoss7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been dealing with this issue since I've had my phone! It is so freaking frustrating! Especially when I'm on my way to the hospital and it is too dangerous to sit there and try to figure out what the heck suggestions are being offered as I'm trying to manage multiple personnel on the way in.

Even in broad daylight or a well-lit room with my screen on max brightness I can hardly tell what it is suggesting.

As countless other people have said, I've tried using different keyboards and look through every single possible setting to adjust the color of text and bubbles and backgrounds without any improvement.

And let's not even get started on the issue of my phone being completely unable to reliably connect to any WiFi or every charger bending within a couple weeks despite very careful use.... I wish to God I still had my Blackberry and not had to switch phones just to be able to access apps for work  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SirBoss7,

Making sure you can text easily on your phone is important. As we have a team of people working on this problem, regrettably don’t have a time frame of when it will be fixed. The work around at the moment is to use the Samsung keyboard or to use the native text app that is on your phone. Were you able to try that text app & also using the Samsung keyboard? How do things look on that app?

The other things that concern me about your post is that your phone is having trouble staying connecting to wifi & also about your charger cord breaking. Let’s first talk about your wifi connection. Do you have trouble staying connected to just one particular wifi connection or is it with all wifi connections? Tell me more about what happens when you are on wifi or trying to stay connected.

Your charging cord shouldn’t be bending or breaking, so this is truly a mystery. Are you purchasing/replacing the charging cords through Verizon Wireless or through another source? Can you explain a bit more of where exactly bends or breaks?

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
RMC100
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue discussed in this thread on my S8.  I am using the Google keyboard for the voice to text, and when the spell feature appears, it is black on black and totally unreadable.  The work around suggested by Verizon to use a different keyboard is not an adequate solution. The voice to text feature on the Samsung keyboard works very poorly and I switched to the Google keyboard after reading another discussion thread that said switch to the Google keyboard to fix the voice to text issues on the Samsung keyboard.

I am a little surprised that the discussion thread is months old and concerns the S7, and there has been no resolution from Verizon (or Samsung?) and the S8 has the same black on black spell check issue. While I appreciate Verizon's support, this thread is way too old to think that Verizon is treating this as a priority concern. Can Verizon escalate the issue to the next level to get a resolution?

Has anyone found any solution that works?