Re: Texting suggestions on Galaxy S7 black on black background since upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

g3l33m,

We appreciate all the troubleshooting that you have done with us. This is never the experience we want for you to have. I’m going to send you a Private Message so that we can further look into the troubles you’re experiencing with the text app. Please respond back to me in the Private Message to continue.

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DeanaLLM
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue but noticed it also in some games where u can chat besides just texting!! Impossible to see the suggested word & they are correct,  out did show up brighter in their screen shot than out does on actual screen when happening...

g3l33m
Enthusiast - Level 2

Alicia, I appreciate your message but I'd prefer to keep this all in the open so you can't bury the issue and because I'm definitely not the only one experiencing it. If you have some troubleshooting steps you'd like me to try I'm game but if you, like the other reps who have commented on this thread, keep recommending that we try something that you yourself haven't tried, or you keep parroting the same bad advise they have after multiple people have said it doesn't help then this won't go anywhere and comes across as stalling for time. Give me your first troubleshooting step you'd like us to try and WE will let you know.

Lchalstrom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the same message from Alicia, although I don't see it here in this thread?  I only see it in my email....and she said I'd receive a private message, and I don't see a message anywhere?  Regardless...as you stated, I / we don't need private conversations with Verizon representatives to try to fix individual phones when many people are having the problem.  It's a bug that needs to be fixed from the latest updates.  It's nothing that can be resolved from the phone itself.  No background color changes will fix it....nor should I have to change that.  No keyboard changes or anything else should need to be changed.  There should be no band aids to try to resolve this problem.  Months have gone by with Verizon being aware of this issue.  PLEASE, just fix it on your end and send us an update!!!!!

pherson
Champion - Level 1

This is a peer to peer forum where reps only occasionally pop in. The first avenue of help is to CALL customer service from a phone that is NOT the phone you are having an issue with. 8009220204. Pretty simple.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you were sent a private message through the Verizon Wireless Community forum, that Direct Message is available under the Community Inbox. https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
imagic5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed. Black text over a dark charcoal background, meant for a one - click fix is really stupid.

And as I'm reading the responses, it seems like Verizon doesn't even realize what they did!

Also, I am having trouble with  punctuation like comma, period, question mark, and exclamation point.  When would I ever spell out those words? Especially comma or exclamation point! It makes no sense.

Please don't tell me you understand my concern with update; it sounds condescending.

Just fess up to it,  apologize on Verizon's behalf, and fix it. Thanks.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well, it wasn't Verizon's update. So they wouldn't know. It's Samsungs.

0 Likes
Lchalstrom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Makes zero sense when it's a Verizon messaging app. But you seem to know everything sooooo.....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The text prediction is controlled by the keyboard application which is written by Samsung even though it was originally designed by SwiftKey and Samsung licensed to used the technology on their phones.

Have you tried another keyboard application in place of the default keyboard to see if there is a difference?

I noticed SwiftKey recently made a change in their application and it is stated on the revision notes the light theme bug was fixed and now renders correctly. Based on the description of the issues provided in this thread, I suspect the bug for the Samsung phones is similar. It might not be exactly the same, but it might related to the keyboard not recognizing the correct color theme to render that function's color incorrectly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes