Texting and apps not working
hwilson3wa

Within the last 24 hours my phone won't send texts, apps are sluggish in loading, it's dropping calls, and my alarm clock won't even work. I've restarted it, pulled the battery, and did a reset and cleared the cache.  I am at a loss. What texts that do come in are coming in 7 hours after they were sent to me. Anyone have any clues?

0 Likes
Re: Texting and apps not working
SamsungStratosphere
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same exact issue and have been unable to get any assistance from customer service. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
hwilson3wa

In addition to my phone not working properly I have come to notice it's also not charging as fast either, if at all. Had it plugged in over night, it was only charged to 60%. So I can't text, can't use my alarm and soon not use my phone since it won't charge.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try clearing cache on apps, and performing a system cache clear (wipe cache partition).  I t won't hurt, and could make a difference int he performance of the phone.

1. Switch off Galaxy S4.

2. Long press altogether VOLUME UP + HOME button + POWER button at once.

3. When S4 vibrates, let go POWER button but continue to long press the VOLUME UP + HOME buttons.

4. Release all when you see boot screen and little blue writing shows up at the top of the device.

5. Use VOLUME UP/DOWN key to select wipe cache partition and use POWER button to confirm.

6. After finishing the process you will also have the exact same menu.

7. Use POWER button to choose reboot device from the list.

8. The phone will then restart after the cache is wiped.

0 Likes
hwilson3wa

Thank you for the suggestion, that was already tried as well. The only thing that worked was factory resetting my phone. Unfortunately my computer wasn't recognizing my phone when I attempted to transfer files from it. So I was forced to lose all the files when I did the factory reset. Performing through settings menu didn't work, I had to follow the directions posted above and select factory reset. If that hadn't worked VZ said my phone would have to be replaced.

0 Likes