Texting and Picture Messages Won't Send
ElmFive10

Unfortunately my brand new Galaxy S4 (And the Verizon replacement!) will not consistently send texts or picture messages. I get the circle under the message and it just pends, and pends. Then the message will fail. At the time I usually have about 2-3 bars of 4G LTE service. 2 bars is a pretty weak signal I realize, but it should still send! After reading a few posts on here I see that my problem is not that unique but many people have found that it resolves on its own.. I wish that would happen for me!

I have tried everything:

• making sure mobile data is on
  • my preffered network mode is Global
  • I've reset the phone (then it worked for 2 hrs and then stopped again)
  • I've force stopped "messaging" and cleared the data/cache
  • Verizon replaced the phone
  • Verizon replaced the Sim card

I have screenshots saved of this happening on both the devices.Does anyone have any advice? Would you switch phones? Verizon is telling me that I'm not allowed to switch to a different device but I don't understand how they can just leave me with a phone that doesn't consistently send texts. It's a standard cellular feature and I expect my carrier to provide it. I really like the phone otherwise..

0 Likes
Texting and Picture Messages Won't Send
glw03
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem, i pressed the power button and selected RESTART.  I can now send mms while on wifi.

0 Likes
Re: Texting and Picture Messages Won't Send
CrossClown

I'm having this issue with my GS4. When I had a Droid Razr my signal strength at home (if a Verizon rep comes in please don't tell me about building materials and devices around my phone because I very well know all about that stuff) was around 3-4 bars on 3G AND LTE. On my GS4, I'm getting 1-2, maybe even 3, bars while I'm at home...sitting at the same spot with my phone placed at within the same area so it's fluctuating between -137 dBm's and -97 dBm's but it mainly stays below -100dBm. Now changing the SIM card won't really do anything. Either something is interfering with the signals from within the device (i.e. software that's causing the inner workings to get all weird) OR the radio receiver is just crap.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

CrossClown you are comparing apples to oranges.  There are too many variables.

Different manufactures, build materials, build dates, build quality, antenna placement, different radio receivers, and technologies.

To get a fair comparison use another GS4 to see if yours is defecient, or at least a GS3 to compare signal strengths.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I forgot to mention that measuring signal strength these negative numbers mean lower is better. IOW's -85dbm is much better than -103dbm.

0 Likes